Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sawstop owners forum

Sawstop owners forum

I've searched around, but can't find anything. Anyone know of a forum specifically for Sawstop owners?

Maybe because a Saw Stop is a cabinet saw that has a blade stopping device. Other than that it just a table saw.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Holmes View Post
    I've searched around, but can't find anything. Anyone know of a forum specifically for Sawstop owners?
    No, but watch my new thread" Let's compare a G90 to a SS pcs". maybe this will be of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sznajdruk View Post
    Maybe because a Saw Stop is a cabinet saw that has a blade stopping device. Other than that it just a table saw.
    Well, it's a little more than that. The larger table means special adaptations for some accessories, for example. It has several features that are, in my experience, totally unique.

Quote Originally Posted by bob frost View Post
    No, but watch my new thread" Let's compare a G90 to a SS pcs". maybe this will be of some help.
    Well, it's not the PCS I'm interested in. I'm looking at the ICS.

Cliff, I think it's unofficially here!

Yahoo forums has Felder and Festool Forums (among others)...all you need is someone to start it and host it. I'm surprised that SS doesn't have a forum set up but then again, they can be, uh, "fun" to handle....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Holmes View Post
    Well, it's a little more than that. The larger table means special adaptations for some accessories, for example. It has several features that are, in my experience, totally unique.
    That maybe but I'm hard pressed to understand what a Saw Stop can do the my Unisaw can't.

Greg

Not an owner, but I think the obvious answer to that is: resist cutting off your hand.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

That maybe but I'm hard pressed to understand what a Saw Stop can do the my Unisaw can't.

Greg
    Slice through a hot dog??

Greg
    Greg - I don't really think that it can do anything your Unisaw can't. But that is not really the point.

I installed a Wixey digital fence readout on my SawStop a few years ago. After it was installed as per Wixey's directions, I was unable to turn the crank that raises/lowers the blade a full rotation as the Wixey track was in the way. I believe mine was the first SS to utulize his DRO, and as a result he had no way of knowing this would happen. It is apparently not an issue with other saws. If there was a SS forum, other owners would benefit from this information and chime in. It's not really that the SS can do something your Uni cannot, but it has a certain amount of uniqueness (much like the new generation Uni) that make it a little different in some areas.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Surprised that SS hasn't done this on their website. Maybe they don't feel it's worth it as it will amplify the noise if anything negative ever comes out about their saws.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Blanchard View Post
    Greg - I don't really think that it can do anything your Unisaw can't. But that is not really the point.

I installed a Wixey digital fence readout on my SawStop a few years ago. After it was installed as per Wixey's directions, I was unable to turn the crank that raises/lowers the blade a full rotation as the Wixey track was in the way. I believe mine was the first SS to utulize his DRO, and as a result he had no way of knowing this would happen. It is apparently not an issue with other saws. If there was a SS forum, other owners would benefit from this information and chime in. It's not really that the SS can do something your Uni cannot, but it has a certain amount of uniqueness (much like the new generation Uni) that make it a little different in some areas.

Point taken may there are some unique issue around the SS that could be shared. The vast majority of the posters I suspect don't have SS and you would have to monitor another forum. Seams to me there are numerous post on this forum in regard to SS as this one clearly is. Not suggesting that you folks don`t start your own but from time to time I do look at SS posting. But doubt I would join a SS forum.

My .02

Greg
    Last edited by Greg Sznajdruk; 01-05-2010 at 5:49 PM. Reason: spln

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Surprised that SS hasn't done this on their website. Maybe they don't feel it's worth it as it will amplify the noise if anything negative ever comes out about their saws.
    Running/Moderating a forum is extremely difficult work. If Steve Gass has monitored any popular ww'ing sites, he already knows this and, in a way, leaves us to monitor such things for him. Now that I think about it, I think he is smart to NOT start a company-sponsored SS chat/forum site...some fan somewhere will undoubetly do such a thing. Frankly, I'm surprised one hasn't surfaced yet....

Anyone that frequents the Creek regularly will see that SS posts can get quite heated...just like Festool...or EZ....

Greg

Greg - well, the Unisaw doesn't come with the special kool-aid that the SS owners drink.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.