Thread: Foot Pedal Jack - Source??

Foot Pedal Jack - Source??

Other than ordering from Grizzly, or some other machine supplier, does anyone have a source for one of these? I want to build a machine base, but be able to use a pedal jack on it.
    foot pedal jack.jpg

Are you sure you want a pedal jack? Seriously, I have one on my router table and plenty of scars on my ankles to show for it. I hate that thing but it is nice for moving the table around....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    plenty of scars on my ankles
    Why would you have scars on your ankles?

Chris, I have them on my Grizzy jointer and planer, and haven't had that problem - though on the planer I guess it is possible. The jointer has such an overhang with the bed that the pedal jack isn't exposed.

I will build this base so that the pedal jack is recessed a bit to avoid a scarring issue!

Scars on your ankles because the pedal sticks out a bit - on an open frame, you can sometimes mount the pedal to the inside.

John, Rockler puts these complete bases (with pedal) on sale a few times a year for $39.95, or you could get just the pedal for $25.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...=mobile%20base

I like the bases, but use .120" wall square steel tubing for the runners and paint it gloss black so the dust (a) shows and (2) comes off easy. Be advised, though, that they are WIDER channels than 1.5" and will deform if you tighten the bolts on 1.5" stock. I add a couple of fender washers inside the channel before tightening the bolts.

HTH... Steve

Thanks, Steve! That will work if I can't find a cheaper source. Only trouble with ordering from Rockler is the temptation to "just add a couple of things" to the order!

Blog Entries
    Steve beat me to it and free shipping from Rockler ended yesterday. It'll be back.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I also tend to trip over it quite a bit...right after it puts a gash on my ankle.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Hey John, don't know if you already bought something, but I just came across this ...

http://www.incrementaltools.com/Prod...tCode=WHEELKIT
    Attached Images Attached Images