Thread: Professional Craftsman sawblades

Professional Craftsman sawblades

Well, I was in Sears today -- haven't been in one in quite a while, when the sawblades caught my attention -- 20% off. So, I had a look, and the Professional line looked decent. I had a closer look and found "Made In Italy" on them, which makes me think they are Freuds.

Anybody know? Anyone have experience with these? The prices were good, especially with another 20% off.

Cheers,

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Chris - I've tried the 60T 32809 and is nearly identical to the former Freud Avanti TK406, which is similar to their Diablo D1060, and their Industrial LU88 (thicker carbide). Wood Mag gave the 40T 32808 good marks a couple of years back. The 32810 and 32864 are very similar to the 80T TK806 and 50T TK906 respectively. As long as it's one of those numbers, says made in Italy, and resembles the Freud blades, I'd say they're a safe bet at the right price....pretty similar to the current Freud Diablo and Ridgid Titanium line.

32809.jpg

lu88r010.jpg

diablo1060.jpg

r1060c.jpg
    Last edited by scott spencer; 01-05-2010 at 4:55 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thanks. That's good to know. I am in the market for a couple of new blades and it looks like these will fit the bill.

Appreciate it.

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.