Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did we do to Lee Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post
    Hang on - don't mean to hijack the thread but LN had / has Free Shipping? How did I miss this?
    I found it in the Deals & Discounts forum.

I placed an order from McMaster Carr at 3:00pm on Monday had it 11:00am on Tuesday. Rarely does an order from MMC take longer the 24 hrs to get from their Chicago warehouse to my Minneapolis shop. Shipping is usually $5-$7, a bit more if oversized or in a tube.

kg

I bought a skew rabbet plane fromLV between Christmas and New Years (if my family wasn't going to get me any wwing gifts....). I ordered it on a Sunday evening, and received an email Monday morning at 8:30 that it'd been shipped. IIRC it arrived that Wednesday. I am now officially spoiled.
    Mark Maleski

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Groenke View Post
    I placed an order from McMaster Carr at 3:00pm on Monday had it 11:00am on Tuesday. Rarely does an order from MMC take longer the 24 hrs to get from their Chicago warehouse to my Minneapolis shop. Shipping is usually $5-$7, a bit more if oversized or in a tube.

kg
    I can beat that.

Absolutely true, on my Grandmother's grave.... I ordered some 5mm keystock from McMaster-Car at about 10:00am and it was delivered at about 2:30 the same day via private courier. I called and asked... they sent it along with an order that was headed to my town that pm anyway. They didn't charge for shipping. The sale was what??... $5.00?

Now that's customer service.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post
    Hang on - don't mean to hijack the thread but LN had / has Free Shipping? How did I miss this?
    Woodworker's Supply had $1.00 shipping just before the holidays. I ordered over 100 pounds worth of shelving parts and drawer slides.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC