Thread: Thanks SMC for great advice

Thanks SMC for great advice

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advice a few weeks ago regarding water based lacquer finishes for spraying with HVLP. I ended up using EM 6500 for white and 8000 for clear, both purchased from Jeff at Homestead Finishes. By the way, he was of tremendous help, for anyone thinking about WB finishes. I used an Earlex 5000 for this project. This was my first attempt at using this (or any) spray gun and finish. I'm very luck that the project came out anything short of a disaster. I owe it all to Creekers, Jeff at Homestead, (and Earlex). Many thanks. Attached (I hope) are some photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nicely done Daniel! Somebody's going to be happy with that!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

3. Daniel, that is beautiful. Did you have a plan that has been published or did you freehand it?

Blog Entries
    Very well done.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

very nice piece of furniture

Very nice ! I love the paint. Is that a NYW cupboard ?
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

plans for cabinet

Thanks guys. I think I was lucky. The cabinet was for my parents for the holidays. The idea for the design was from an amalgam of pictures of bookcases in books, etc.

I did the design in an easy to use program for the mac called EasyDraw. I haven't yet been able to figure out how to use the Google drawing program, finding this one much easier to use. It's only limitation is that it is only a 2D program. I guess I think better that way.

I have attached pdf versions of the plans if anyone is interested. Please feel free to use them any time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Thanks Daniel. I may give it a shot one day.

Nice job on build and finish Daniel...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler