Thread: A Good Supplier Experience

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

A Good Supplier Experience

I, like most folks, make negative experiences with suppliers known to my fellow woodworkers. I also like to be just as quick to relate positive experiences whever they occur.

Sometime ago I purchased some olive wood pen blanks from Bethlehem Olive Wood to test the market at a recent craft show (March). I sold out all I had made before noon the 2nd day.

So, being smarter than the average bear I immediately ordered 50 more blanks from them. I received the blanks with an additional 10 blanks which were thrown in free. They were also accompanied by business card sized "Certificates of Authenticity" relating to the source of the olive wood. However, I only received 40 cards. A call to the Texas location for them quickly resulted in my receiving additional cards.

Now the rest of the story
    - - - In surfing Bethlehem Olive Woods I saw some items (flat olive wood stock to make crosses, Jesus corpus' for making crucifixes, etc) which I though might do well at my upcoming Xmas show (Dec 3-5). Some of the stuff was not in stock in the U.S. and I needed to get what I wanted as soon as possible. A couple of e-mails to Diane Darwesh and I was assured what I requested was on the way.

I received the package yesterday directly from Israel. Not only was the order complete but Dianne sent samples (more than just a few) of other items in various sizes but similar to what I had ordered for me to try out.

AND MAN - DO I LIKE FREE STUFF

So -- Kudos to Bethlehem Olive Woods
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Ken,
    Honest business people treating folks fairly usually guarantees success. I've dealt with numerous operations that have acted similarly, and it always solidifies my resolve to do more business with them, and to tell everyone I know about said experience.

Having heard this from you, I'm going to check out their website to see what a non-turner can obtain from them for my upcoming projects (or maybe some projects I hadn't counted on!)

Maurice

Ditto to what Maurice said! With the lates SS craze, I'm thinking I can probably find some appropriate material to poke some holes in!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Wink Thanks Ken

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your kind words.I has been a pleasure working with you.
    Many Blessings
    Diane Darwesh
    Bethlehem Olivewood
    info@bethlehemolivewood.net
    Our MSN user name is : olivewood@hotmail.com
    Our Yahoo user name is: talkolivewood@yahoo.com
    "Out of the ground, the Lord God made to grow every tree that is pleasant for the sight and good for food, the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:9"