Thread: Grizzly cyclone

Grizzly cyclone

I just pulled the trigger on a Grizzly GO443 cyclone. Anyone has this? Also, any problems with this machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bradshaw View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on a Grizzly GO443 cyclone. Anyone has this? Also, any problems with this machine
    I have one of the original G0440s; a fine machine.

Blog Entries
    Like Bob, I have the 2HP unit and am very happy with it. Maybe a 1-1/2HP owner will chime in?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Another happy 2hp owner here...

I Have One

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=118058

Hi, I have one and it works well for me. I'm very happy. Check out the link. I have posted about it there.

I have the 3hp version and I've been very happy with it.

I don't really recall any installation issues. Be aware that it's quite loud, so plan on building a sound closet if possible, mine dropped the sound level by 13dB. I also built an isolation stand so no vibrations would be transferred to the walls, see http://www.thewoodnerd.com/blog/?p=32 for a photo and a few details.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-11-2010 at 1:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Holmes View Post
    I have the 3hp version and I've been very happy with it.

I don't really recall any installation issues. Be aware that it's quite loud, so plan on building a sound closet if possible, mine dropped the sound level by 13dB. I also built an isolation stand so no vibrations would be transferred to the walls, see http://www.thewoodnerd.com/blog/?p=32 for a photo and a few details.
    Holy smokes is that thing giantic! What kind of headroom does that thing require?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Holy smokes is that thing giantic! What kind of headroom does that thing require?
    9.5'

It's not small, but the photo angle makes it appear even bigger than it is.

Cliff, I was looking on your web site and I see you are/or have build a sound closet for your cyclone to make it not as loud. Can you give me some information on how and what you used in making your silence room and possibly some pictures? If you have any?

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Cliff, I was looking on your web site and I see you are/or have build a sound closet for your cyclone to make it not as loud. Can you give me some information on how and what you used in making your silence room and possibly some pictures? If you have any?

Thanks Richard
    Richard...

I'm putting finishing touches on my DC closet. If you will PM me an email address, I'll send you a set of photos from beginning to (almost) end.

...Bob

best place for sound closet ideas

is the site for the clearvue cyclones. they have a section where users post pics of their setups - I got a lot of good ideas off that site when I installed my cyclone