Thread: How should I add this shaper to the mess...

How should I add this shaper to the mess...

I've been looking for a "smaller" shaper for a while. I have a monster that can't make it into my basement shop. (My friends draw the line at 1,500#)--wimps! So I picked this one up from a local guy. A 3 HP, 2 speed delta, vintage 1989. Single phase leeson motor. Total runout is 1-2 thou. It has 1/2 and 3/4 spindles with about 15 cutters. No router collet. Paid what I consider a fair price for the machine at $700. My shop is very full at the moment, with a few machines that need to find homes on craigslist when I get a chance to post them. I have 2 unisaws set up currently. One rip and one plywood. I leave them set up this way so that I am not changing blades all the time. (I leave 2 medium-large dewalt RAS set up for 24" cross-cut and the other for dado).
    Now that you have some background, how would you set this up.
    #1-Add it to the mass of table saws. If so, where.
    #2-Seperate area. I have a to build a set of cabinets along a wall and I could put it there
    #3-other suggestions.
    Here are a few shots of the set-up currently (although dustier currently!) On the back of this setup is a 4' X 8' outfeed table with draws and cabinets below. It is now turned parallel with the saws, not perpendicular as shown in these older pictures.

There was an excalibur slider on the left of the saws, but it was just too bulky and is now in storage.

Any photos of your current setup would also be great!
    Thanks.

Sure, add it as a *TS extension* to the right of the older Unisaw. All are the same height. Consider it a *sooper dooper* router table!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    Sure, add it as a *TS extension* to the right of the older Unisaw. All are the same height. Consider it a *sooper dooper* router table!

+1. I agree with Chip.

Thanks. Will do. Also going to add a power feeder.