Thread: Plan Question

Plan Question

Well I'm heading over to the library in the morning to see if I can't find a set of plans for a craftman style end table with 3 drawers. I want to build an end table for the living room that will store our DVD's. We live in a town house and a DVD cabinet is just not in the cards... there isn't room for one. I was going to make a lingerie chest origonally but realzied we didn't have room for it. So if you guys have any plans for one or some idea of how much oak I am going to need for the project I'd love some advice. I'd like to hit the lumber yard tomorrow if possible. I want to make this as a christmas gift.

Also, I've been working on a plane that I got, its a pretty rough 5 1/2... anyway, I was taking off the last few remnants of jappaning and was wondering if you guys know of a place where a guy can pick up some hard core dremel bits? The dremel wire wheels are too weak for me, I would like something more corse.

Thanks guys for all the help,
    Chuck

End Table Plans

The November 2004 issue of Wood Magazine has plans for an "Arts and Crafts Classic nightstand or end table". It isn't exactly what you want, but it could be modified.

It has one drawer and is 27" high, 19" deep, and 28" wide with only one drawer. However, the basics are there and the dimensions could be changed and drawers could be added.

Bob Lang's book "More Shop Drawings for Craftsman Style Furniture" has a 2-drawer version....... might be available at the library. He also has a web site.....http://www.craftsmanplans.com/