Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schreib View Post
I have been following the thread on tablesaw outfeed tables and have seen a lot of really good ideas. Being new to this, here's my question: what kind of a set up do I need to safely cut 4x8 sheets of plywood on my Ridgid 3650? I have a makeshift outfeed table but no extension to the left or right of the blade. Also, I am using the original fence and rails. Thanks
I used a Rigid 12-24 for years. I had no trouble ripping lengthwise using my workbench as an outfeed table. My bench is 28” wide, which helped. I just made sure it would be center to the plywood. I would use some folding rollers to help support the sheet when centering to my table was not enough support ripping narrower than 24”. It is challenging at times, but can be done safely. ¾ MDF is a real pain….. I would also rip them slightly wider than needed, then I would rip again after the pieces were more manageable. If cross ripping was needed, I would use a straight edge and a 5” Porter Cable circle saw with a good carbide blade that I bought just for this purpose.