Thread: John M's too modest...............

Wink John M's too modest...............

to say that Wisconsin beat Purdue yesterday!!!!!!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Congrats!

That's a BIG victory!! Purdue WAS the cream of the Big 10 till now (5-0 I believe). Cograts to all cheeseheads including John M. Jerry
    P.S. Don't even talk about my lowly team, Penn State. We've fallen on tough times..
    Jerry

Thanks Ken! I usually don't like to rub stuff like that in BUT, I will say, it was a very extraordinary "win"! Barry and his "boys" are doing a great job, thus far. We're all rootin' that they can keep up the pace.

Oh, and as a side-note, I see you posted this long about the same time that the "other" Cheesehead team finally decided to show up for a ball game! Wow, the Pack went nuts on Detroit this afternoon! The Green & Gold put on a nice show, but I will admit that, the Lions definitely did not look like they were playing their best game. I think Green Bay may be lucky to break even this season. Well, unless they keep playing like they did today!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

A mix of emotions this weekend...

John, for me....it was a mix of football emotions this weekend, as my Wolverines made Illinois feel real bad about themselves, but the Lions did indeed go down in defeat to your Packers. You're right....they most certainly DID NOT play up to they're newly acquired standards. Oh well.....there's always next week.

Unfortunatley, Michigan doesn't play Wisconsin this year, so we're going to have to hope for a Cheesehead loss to take the Big 10.

BRING ON PURDUE!!!

Keith
    Last edited by Keith Starosta; 10-18-2004 at 8:50 AM.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Go Vikings!!!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Enjoy it while it lasts. Nevermind that Purdue had just come off a 3-0 road trip in the Big Ten...

I also won't say anything about the facemask that the refs missed in the reviewed fumble that WI returned for a TD (facemask was BEFORE the fumble, too).

Oh, and Tyler....WHO??
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    That's Don't even talk about my lowly team, Penn State. We've fallen on tough times..
    Indeed. ('79) I was one of the "manager grunts" on the sidelines for the '75 season in the days of the brothers Bahr and a bunch of other (very large compared to me) great players. Those were the days... ...there just was nothing like getting yelled at by Paterno. Sheesh!

As a Badger alumnus, it was terrific to see them beat Purdue. That was definitely an exciting game. Go Bucky!!

As for the Pack, the season has been disappointing so far (other than yesterday) but it is still young. The Packers will definitely make their presence felt in the ol' Black and Blue Division. When you grew up in Green Bay, you never say die.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Enjoy it while it lasts. Nevermind that Purdue had just come off a 3-0 road trip in the Big Ten...

I also won't say anything about the facemask that the refs missed in the reviewed fumble that WI returned for a TD (facemask was BEFORE the fumble, too).

Oh, and Tyler....WHO??
    Hey Jason, I'm glad the you're "not saying anything...". Face it folks, I don't think there's a team in the Big Ten or any other conference, who hasn't had a bad call go against them or missed a call in their favor. That notwithstanding, a single foul, missed or otherwise, will rarely, if ever, make or break an entire game. With "instant replay" in the Pro's, it's less rare, but still happens all the time. Right, wrong or otherwise, it's all just part of the game.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John M.

As far as the Pack, with saint Bret, anything is possible! Anyway, HUGE win for the cheeseheads!!
    Jerry

Also

And don't ask me about the Red Sox... Now that my dream od a RedSox-Cubs series is gone!!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hey Jason, I'm glad the you're "not saying anything...". Face it folks, I don't think there's a team in the Big Ten or any other conference, who hasn't had a bad call go against them or missed a call in their favor. That notwithstanding, a single foul, missed or otherwise, will rarely, if ever, make or break an entire game. With "instant replay" in the Pro's, it's less rare, but still happens all the time. Right, wrong or otherwise, it's all just part of the game.

Yeah, John, I see plenty of bad calls in the Big Ten, but not many in the NFL (those guys have a very strict post-game review system). I did catch a really bad spot that gained Purdue a 1st down when they didn't get it, but the facemask was on a REVIEWED play--the refs were too busy looking at the fumble to catch the defender grabbing Orton's facemask (could have caused the fumble, you know ). What's done is done. We'll just have to see how the conference shakes out now...
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore