Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Well, another weekend has come and gone. Time sure does fly the older I get. I guess it's all part of that "down hill slide" I'm on or sumpin' like dat.

I worked on some commissioned pens this weekend and got 3 coats of Dark Garnet shellac sprayed on the sewing machine cabinet that I'm restoring. I sure will be glad when this baby is D O N E!!!!!

Any way, spent Sunday at church with the family and a little more time on the sewing machine cabinet and family time Sunday night.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks......
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Saturday I went hunting with a young MR tech. He's 3 weeks older than my youngest son. 2 weeks ago we went to a spot in the mountains...foggy...we saw 20+ wild turkeys...20+ wild ducks....5 grouse.....2 groups of white tail deer and 4 elk one of which was a large antlered bull......The season opened a week ago......yesterday's sightings......."0"......Zilch...It rained ....we hunted in the rain.....got our butts wet!

Today...filled in the 35' ditch where they ran the gas line to my new shop. Then made the connections to the two ground rods and wired it to the breaker panel.......watched a little football.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Found a good web site with instructions on how to make a chatter tool and so that was this weekends project. Will give it a try today.

Picked up my daughter from the airport yesterday she was up with the wife helping with the twins.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    A little Minneapple WWS action with Midwest Area Creekers. Gloats in the mail. They said 10 days.
    There are always more punch list items at the houses. Spent some time with the family .
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I worked on the Cherry blanket chest I am building. I got the front, back and sides glued up. Tonight I have a little hand work for the front and back and I can continue assembly!

Good/bad weekend. Bad was, the windows we were expecting as late as Sat. morning, *never* showed! BTW, this really stung bad, because these are the same windows that were responsible for me to cancel my Mini-Apples trip! LOML did manage to talk me into going with her for the Fall Art Tour around the area. Saw some interesting (AND expen$ive) art, ranging from ceramics to glass to metalwork to WW. Lots of interesting stuff and got a few neat ideas. Managed to get the "custom" HVAC register made for the bathroom remodel. Watched some football and just chilled. Hope everyone has a GREAT week!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Got a lot done this weekend. Built a few Shaker box's and even started in on a new "home" for my block planes and "others". Was walking through the borg when I came across two 2x4 sheets of flame birch plywood...so I had to buy those. Did a little leaf patrol....but I have lots more to do.

As payment for my SWMBO helping with a backyard patio, I went with her to a craft fair in Woodstock. Beautiful tree colors all over. Lots of wood crafts at the fair- box makers and turners. Got some good ideas for xmas projects.

Sunday was more patio work, and workshop cleanup. Bob

I managed to get a few things done this weekend, the most important of which was to finally get a set of frenc doors installed. The room behind the doors used to be my office, but has been quickly turned into the "Baby Play Room" by my wife. I call it the "Toys R Us Spillage Room". The pre-hung doors were 1.25" wider than the rough opening I had after removing the original trim, so I had to cut some drywall and remove one of the cripples to make it fit. It was a fun project that I managed to get plumb the first try!! I just have to buy some new trim, paint and prime all around and install the hardware.

I love it when a simple project like this makes my wife feel like I can conquer the world!

Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images

All of the soffits are done on the shed. Unfortunately, the borg has stopped carrying 3/8" beaded ply and is now carrying 11/32. It is way too flimsy!! I may have to redo the soffit next year with a more stable material. I also have about half of the trim done and one wall sided. Unfortunately, I ran into a problem with the low quality aluminum nails that I was using. 30% of the nails bent when I put them in. I wish the borg drone would have been more willing to find the 10 extra boxes of the 8d 2.25" aluminum nails. they would have worked much better. I hope to have the siding done next weekend so I can start working on the roof.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

For once, I spent most of the weekend in the shop working on the armoire project after some electrical things, such as building Dennis Peacock's most excellent contactor setup to start up the DC and replacing the switch in the J/P. No DVD of the week as Dr. SWMBO has a grant due and that took priority with her time.

I spent most of the weekend ( with the exception of Sunday morning church) in the shop. I have been preparing for a show this coming weekend. I am showing/selling everything from pens and pencils, toy wagons, to some variations on a shaker style wrinting desk. I have got three desks, oak, walnut, and cherry. I have also got a rocking chair in progress. Most of my recent time was spent turning pens, goal is 100, got about 75. The pens/pencils are elk, deer, spalted maple, etc. Basically anything interesting I could get my hands on. Sorry Chris and Tyler, I am currently picture challenged. Thank goodness the LOL is patient, and understanding. I hope all had a great weekend
    Enjoy the journey,

Martin

---------------
    Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable --- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy --- think about such things. --- Paul of Tarsus

Worked on a triangle table with drawers. It is gonna be either a bedside table or an end table. I havent decided yet. If it comes out like crap I will hide it in the bedroom. I glued up some panels for the sides last night but screwed up both this morning. Oh, and the little guy holding the tape for me is my grandson.

If it aint broke...Take it apart and see how it works.

Pretty full weekend for me. My men's accountability group met at 7:30, and we had a guy drive in from Greenville, TX, about 100 miles away. He needed help bad, and we were it.

Worked on base moulding for the house and general cleanup following my kitchen cabinet project.

Met with some friends from church to ask them to be our daughter's guardians in the event of our demise (EVERYONE should have a will).

Actually got my sheet good and cutoffs cart finished. It's uglier than homemade soap, because I used leftover materials and stuff I pulled out of my old kitchen cabinets. The good news is - it works and it cost me $4, since I already had the casters and everything but two 1 x 4s.

Lots of church activities Sunday, but not much family time - everyone else was gone! But I got the cart done. Now I can clean out a bunch of my cutoffs and put my dust collector together.

Sorry, Tyler - no pics.

Almost forgot. I pulled a bonehead stunt while putting up door casing. One of the brads turned and - you guessed it - nailed the door shut. My son and wife got a BIG kick out of that. There I am, saying, "DON'T tell me I nailed the door shut." Sure enough.