Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to buy a bandsaw, but which one? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Neidinger View Post
    How does this work? I don't understand how you get the second 10%.

This is how I understand it as explained by a WC employee.

The bandsaw is on sale (will be in the flyer) all month (Feb).

Woodcraft is having a sale on all Rikon some sort of winter clearance I think they called it for 3-4 days around the 25 or so of February they said you could take that 10% off the flyer sales price. They further said they could start pre-saling that price 35 days prior to the beginning of the sale, which makes it right around now.

The second clearance sale I gathered is national HOWEVER I am not sure of this and did not verify it. I think it probably would take some discussion to get the price early as they would likely have to check and double check but it would be worth it. Hope this explains it and helps.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    In the 17-18 inch range the Griz is a good choice BUT, the Rikon 18" is going on sale a Woodcraft next month for $999 and they are having a 10% off Rikon sale later in the month, I was told I could get the 10% off of the $999 price via presell starting in the next week or so. At ~$800 even with tax I would pick the Rikon over the Griz as well.
    I have the Rikon 18" as well. I am pretty sure it is 12" of resaw.
    It has cast iron wheels, and IMO is better than the Jet BS you posted.
    I like Jet, and have several of their tools, but in this case, it's really hard to beat the Rikon 18" when it goes on sale for that. Plus if you have a local woodcraft, you are supporting them and don't have to pay shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnstone View Post
    I have the Rikon 18" as well. I am pretty sure it is 12" of resaw.
    It has cast iron wheels, and IMO is better than the Jet BS you posted.
    I like Jet, and have several of their tools, but in this case, it's really hard to beat the Rikon 18" when it goes on sale for that. Plus if you have a local woodcraft, you are supporting them and don't have to pay shipping.

I also really like the Rikon but I do like the new Jet 18" with 3hp better, at the usual price of $1300 for the Rikon plus either tax or shipping I much prefer the Jet which can be had for $1460 shipped so only a $70 or less dfference for me. For my use the deal breaker for the Rikon at regular price is it wll not take a 1/8" blade, the Jet does. At under $1000 for the Rikon that leaves me plenty of money to have a smaller BS just for my 1/8" use.