Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost shop time but Redsox are alive!!

Lost shop time but Redsox are alive!!

Its really keeping me out of my shop and my projects, according to my LOML, are gathering dust w/o cutting. BUT the RedSox are still alive after tonight's marathon (Ortiz delivers) and head to Gotham for a 2 game finale. Interesting series. Hope Schilling can pitch w the sore foot. I better get back to the shop...
    Jerry

Its been a GREAT 2 days of baseball. I thought they would come back to fenway and sweep...but after game one here it was a little scary. All we can hope for is that shill can get keep them close for 6 innnings and Johnny Damon snaps out of his slump...for those who don't follow the Sox, Damon can hit as well as anyone on the team.

Jerry,

I am not a baseball fan and I will route for the Yankess or the Red Sox. Living in Connecticut puts us in a geographical squeeze between NYC and Boston. I have so many family, friends and colleagues who are either Red Sox fans or Yankee fans and a few Mets fans.

However, when it comes to the Red Sox I see so much anguish and torture on these people there are no words left to describe it. I am hoping for all of those Red Sox fans that this will be the year. However, I think they are prolonging the desparate hopes of their friends and just extending the pain for one more year. I hope I am proved wrong.

Go Sox !!
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

So Do I, Rich

Hope you are wrong, that is. Growing up in Stamford and listening to the Red Sox on the Bridgeport station I went thru hades all those years (since the 1930's) Isn't it time for a change?
    18th century nut --- Carl

I am a die-hard Yankees fan. Have been since the days of Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford (born and raised in North Jersey). Would I like the Yankees to win. Of course. Would I mind if RedSox won? Nope. Why? Because the last two nights of the ALCS (and last night's NLCS) have been incredibly good dramatic baseball, and for the BoSox to win would require two more games that would be hopefully as good. Besides, it would give my relatives in Maine something to be happy about after all these years of RedSox agony

The only shame is that the games are considered Prime Time entertainment and the 8-12 year old kids today usually aren't allowed to stay up that late. When I was a kid (Noah and the Ark were still around), the World Series were afternoon affairs and, if you had a real good teacher, they would put the first couple of innings on the radio so we wouldn't miss them (even in a parochial school - my 7th grade teacher was a bigger Yankee fan than any of her students- her nickname - Sister Mary Mickey Mantle )
    Dan McLaughlin

I *think* I can identify with the BoSox fan's pain. Being a diehard Denver Bronco fan, the late 80s were tough with 3 Super Bowl drubbings to anguish through. Ouch...it still hurts but the late 90s Back-to-Back wins made it all worthwhile.... I hope Boston can feel that way soon...although I'm primarily a NL fan!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McLaughlin
    The only shame is that the games are considered Prime Time entertainment and the 8-12 year old kids today usually aren't allowed to stay up that late.
    To heck with the kids ...what about those of us who get up a 5am? It's killing us old folk ya know. I thought a game that started at 5 would be over before my bedtime!
    But this guy is just awesome...who can sleep when this is going on?
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Whew, what a sports night! LOML and I needed one of those multi-screen TVs as we jumped between AL, NL, and MNF (the latter we pretty dull by comparison). We were pulling for your Sox and our Astros. Glad to see Ortiz got the GWRBI after being robbed on two bad calls.

Almost made me forget the lack of NHL action.

The MAGIC continues!!

Great Game!!! They are alive! Hope springs eternal within the human...Exciting throughout.. Schilling pitched GREAT on a bad foot.. Drama everywhere...Ump calls..Police in riot gear... only in New York. Tommorrow should be OUTSTANDING if anyone is left standing,, Who's left to pitch?? Can it happen!??
    Stay tuned....
    Jerry

How bout them Sox? Down 3-0, now going to game 7, what a series!

As a Rangers fan (read "masochist"), I got a huge laugh at ARod's antics in the 8th. Glad the umpires reversed their call & got it right, along with the earlier Boston HR.

You're right!

I agree. It was the right call(s) but a brave move for the umps in front of the hostile NY crowd. Tonight will be exciting!!
    Jerry

Since I grew up in Houston, I am hoping for the Red Sox vs the Astros in the series, with the Astros winning, of course!
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

You think you guys have it bad.....I live in Cincinnati.....try cheering for the Reds and Bengals....

..at least I have UC and Xavier basketball to get excitied about...come on March madness!!!!

Donnie

And Donnie, even the OSU buckeyes are having a bad year. I see Bob Huggins is back @ UC (surprise!) As a former Ohio resident, I "feel your pain"
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Raines
    You think you guys have it bad.....I live in Cincinnati.....try cheering for the Reds and Bengals....

..at least I have UC and Xavier basketball to get excitied about...come on March madness!!!!

Okay, Now you have my atention. GO UCONN !!! Defending NCAA Mens and Womens Basketball Champs !!!

Still waiting for my boyhood hero Pete "Charlie Hustle" Rose to be inducted. Lets recognize him for his baseball not his gambling.

Lets hope for a miracle tonight !! Go Sox
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr