I have been working in my garage this winter. It has been fun to play with the new lathe now that it is working.

I have honestly been having a great time. But... and there is always a but. It does get cold out there. I had the ceiling space insulated this last Christmas. In the last few weeks this has made a nice difference. But it is still not always enough. I have a propane heater out that at the moment that runs full blast and while it does eventually get it warm enough out there it pretty much has to be on all the time I out there. I have felt the breeze coming in around the garage door that is a part of the shop. I have been thinking about what it takes to insulate this in such a way that I can heat the space easier and cheaper.

I have considered closing off the door altogether but that isn't something I am in the mood to give up. Being able to roll things out thru a big door is very nice. Further getting a nice breeze thru in the spring and fall is nice too.

I have considered just wrapping it in plastic for the too cold months. Staple it into the wood plates around the door or something. But even 4mil plastic just doesn't seem thick enough to make a major difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on how to best seasonally deal with the air leakage at a garage door?

Many Thanks!
Joshua