Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas BBQ a pick'n and a grin'n

Dallas BBQ a pick'n and a grin'n

If anyone feels like a little music and has the ability to produce some, bring your guitar, banjo, whatever and we can really carry on.
    It's looking like it will be a great time. I've picked up a few things for drawings to give away.

Come by whenever you want. If you're around on Fri. and feel like stopping by that's fine.

It's almost time for me to stop procrastinating and get busy cleaning things up. Just don't expect this place to look like Terry's. It wasn't that clean when I moved in and it's been 12 yrs next month.

Don't forget if you want to trade or sell something bring it along.

Show and tell, bring it also.

Don't forget a chair or two if you have them, as seating is limited and there isn't any grass to sprawl on.

Steve, actually getting excited
    Furniture Crafters
    11455 Newkirk St. #1402
    Dallas, TX.75229
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Steve - I'm look'in forward to the BBQ. See ya' Saturday.
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Terry Hatfield and I should be there sometime Friday afternoon. I don't belive I'll be bringing my bass, effects pedal, volume pedal, cords and amp with me on this trip.

I do plan on bringing my Tormek jigs and my digital SLR camera, money for Curlywoods and money to donate for the eats at the BBQ as well as a chair to park my butt in while there.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I'll be donating a brand new Grizzly 1023 guard/splitter/pawls/hardware set to be given away.....not sure about show and tell yet. I'm gettin' hungry already!

Oh, I'd bring my 'Fat Strat' but I haven't learned very many chords yet...too darned busy.

Door prize offering

I will be bringing 20 bf (+/-) of 4/4 curly Oak and probably a few extra surprises

If you have never attended a woodworking BBQ, this is a good one to attend. It has grown each year and every year it keeps getting better and better.

Great folks, great grub, loads of cool stuff to see and win and meet some of the best folks on the planet. Can't wait to see everyone again.
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

This will be my first BBQ - so looking forward to it. Will be bringing my cookies, fudge and my lathe tools for help on sharpening. Will leave my singing voice and musical instruments at home - that should get me a prize right away!!

Looking forward to meeting you all in Dallas!

Betsy

Fudge?!?!...I'm in!

Just my luck. I have been looking forward to this for months and as it turns out I have to be out of town this weekend. I will try to stop by Friday afternoon since I only work about a mile from you.

Chad

Hey Steve,

I'm looking forward to the BBQ and will bring some of my almost famous homemade salsa.
    "If you can't fix it, feature it."
    Kevin Swindle

Good idea Kevin see you Sat.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Sounds like it ought to be a fun meet. Wish I could make it, but to many other comments now. Keep them Arkie boys under control for me.
    Last time I was through Dallas, 6-7 years ago, I got lost BIG TIME. Took me 45 minutes to get back to my starting point. Quite a town. Much bigger than I am used too.
    I hear Dino can't make it now due to being too busy .
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Last time I was through Dallas, 6-7 years ago, I got lost BIG TIME. Took me 45 minutes to get back to my starting point. Quite a town. Much bigger than I am used too.
    I hear Dino can't make it now due to being too busy .
    Steve
    [/b]
    Hey Steve,

That's what they make MAPS for!!!

Yea, Dino said that he had committments to where he just couldn't make it to the BBQ. Too Bad....I was looking forward to meeting him in person.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Hey Steve,

That's what they make MAPS for!!!

Yea, Dino said that he had committments to where he just couldn't make it to the BBQ. Too Bad....I was looking forward to meeting him in person.

MAPS ?? You mean you hafta use those in Texas also?

Sheesh. I though those were only used in Mo. and Ark.

Learn something everyday. Lol
    Have a good time while you are there buddy.

Sorry to hear you won't make it Steve...I guess I won't need my PC circ saw now since Dino isn't gonna make it either.

Maps??? We don't need no stinkin' maps!!

Steve's shop is a piece of cake to find...my last visit I made it there without even instructions since the directions he gave the first time were so good! I tried to get an engagement in Dallas at the end of this week so I could drop in on the pik-a-nik, but it just didn't happen. Darn customers just were not cooperative...they want November. Oh well. (But as a pre-gloat, I'm likely to visiting with the world-famous Mark Singer next week... )