So, I've got a couple of furniture tops for a customer and am having trouble deciding the easiest, safest way to cut the 60 degree bevel on the underside of the tops. 45, while easy to rout or shape in, looks too bulky. These are a pair of 6/4 Cherry tops - both about 6' long, one 15" deep, the other about 25" deep.

I have a tilting-arbor shaper now, but it tilts the wrong way for a safe cut. The table-saw is an option, but I'd have to stand the top on end?! Somehow this doesn't seem logical, and any table saw cut that requires me on a ladder or a 4' tall fence seems...well...like an ER visit waiting to happen.

It seems that there's a safe and easy router jig I could make, but it's hard to visualize.

Same sort of jig may work with the circular saw?

A jig for the planer seems unsafe. The hand power-planer?

There's always the hand-plane, but I can't see making a nice smooth bevel all the way down the 6' of front face without some type of jig/shooting board deal.

The most appealing option is a single correctly-angled router bit, but our local wood-toys store didn't have anything even close, and they have thousands of bits. I don't relish spending $190 on a bit, anyhow.

Anyone have experience with this and can tell me the obvious "Duh" solution to this that will lead, most likely, to much facepalming on my part? I've gone through all of my power and hand tools in my head, and can't think of a great solution. It may be that a hand-plane (on end-grain. Gah!), card scraper, and fervent prayer are my only options.

Uh, oh. I may have just answered my own question. At least in my head. Is there any rule that states I can't turn the shaper around? I mean, move the fence to the front and shape from the "back"? That would mean it would now tilt in the correct direction and I could just use a big 45 bit (apparently a future purchase) tilted at 15 degrees "backward"? In fact, the extra extension table in the back that the Incra LS is on would add that much more support to the workpiece, and make the whole operation easier. If this is the obvious solution, let me know, please. For those without shapers, though...how would this be done?