Thread: Free WWing magazine resource

Free WWing magazine resource

I thought I'd raise attention to the fact that there are a good number of "American Woodworker" magazine issues available for full viewing on Google Books. I just became aware of this today and I've had some fun looking through them.

You can view all of them HERE.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks for the link Jeff, i didn't know about that. It's a raining all weekend, I'll enjoy looking through those.

Great info. Thanks.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

mags online

Thanks Jeff. That's very cool. Be heading over there to do some light reading in just a couple minutes.
    Cut once, bandage twice!!

Is there some way you can save these onto your computer for off-line reading and printing of a few pages? There's a crosscut sled in one of the issues that I'm thinking I'd like to build.

Thanks for the link !

Great link! Thanks!!!

Thanks for the link!

8. Thanks for the link ... Between reading through the articles, and football, my afternoon is fun and informative.

9. And if you widen the spectrum, there are almost 3k full view books that come up for the term "Woodworking".

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&...ab=wp&as_brr=1

Google books always makes for fun reading, if even sometimes dated. Some things however are so timeless it matters not.

Thanks for the link. That ought to keep me busy for a while.

Jeff,

Thanks for passing these along. I bet many of us will be finding this post very useful.

My questiion is; I have found something that I'd like to print out. I can't seem to make it happen as the artical did not come up as a PDF. Does anyone know how to print articals from any of the mags???

TIA, Ken
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Thank you for the link!

In regards to printing it out, the best I could come up with is to do a CTRL and PRT SCR of the page (which copies the whole screen) and paste it to a Word doc in landscape mode. Then, increase the size to the full page. It is still somewhat blurry, but you can make most of it out. Once you have that, if copying plans, you can go back to the screen and make sure you can read the dimensions on the "Printed" page. If not, then ink them in. I hope there is a better way out there.

Ken, I think the reason it is not made easy to print is because it is "full view" but not public domain so the original restrictions on duplication probably still exist. Of course for a home woodworker who just wants a print out of a parts diagram that doesn't really help much.

When viewing public domain documents from Google books there are additional options available to download as a PDF or take clips from it which would make printing it a breeze.