Hello,

My wife and I used H&R Block’s Tax Cut software last year, and it worked fine for us, and we plan to use their new “At Home” version this year.

My question relates to whether we can use the same package to do our neighbor’s tax. Our neighbor, who lost her husband last year, asked us if we could prepare her taxes for her using the H&R Block software. We told her that we would be happy to do this for her.

But what we’re wondering is this. Should she have to buy a second software package for her computer, or can we simply load the same software on her computer after using it on our computer? Since the software says that you can do more than one Federal return with a single package, we realize that we could do both ours and her Federal return on our computer, but the software only allows one state return per package, and we don’t want to load ours, run it, then uninstall it and load hers onto our computer.

So as far as you know, would there be any reason that the software would prevent me from using it on two separate computers?

Thanks,
Louis