Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senco Finish Nailer - 3 Pack - Pretty Good Deal

Senco Finish Nailer - 3 Pack - Pretty Good Deal

I pick this up on another Forumn from some rock star. Home Depot has a Senco 3 pack of Senco Finish Nailers for $199. I have been eyeing the Finish Pro 35 angled 15 Gauge for $195 at Coastal and the kit at HD includes this FP35, FP18 , and the SLS15 an 18 gauge stapler. It can also be puchased from HomeDepot.com search on item 183630. I went to a local HD and they had only 1 but could not find it. I did find one nearby and the guy said they have been flying off the shelfs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rich Konopka; 10-21-2004 at 1:22 PM.
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

I caught that in a magazine ad recently...if I didn't already own a bunch of nailers, I'd jump on this "really fast". Great deal for both cabinetmaking and home improvement.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Konopka
    I pick this up on another Forumn from some rock star.
    I started the thread over on Woodnet. Hopefully that's not where you saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Heck
    I started the thread over on Woodnet. Hopefully that's not where you saw it.
    You are the Rock Star !!! Do you have any other deals to sing about??
    Rich

Well, since you mention it..... I can't take credit for this one, but I did go buy it. Lowes is selling the Hitachi 18V 4 pack of tools for $189. It's listed as $414 (I believe) on Amazon. Comes with drill, sawzall, circular saw, flashlight, and 2 batteries and a charger. Oh, and this very cool bag, instead of the big plastic case you always get.

My 12V DeWalt batteries are dead and I've been working with a corded drill for a while, just debating on what to do with the DW setup - whether to replace the batteries or just get a whole new drill with new batteries included. Well, this $189 solved that problem. Except I still have the DeWalt with no batteries.

Aaron, you can always give me the Dewalt.

I jumped on the Senco pack. That's like buying one and getting two free.

I went through HomeDepot.com and got free shipping, but paid taxes. It sure beats driving to HD only to find out they don't have any. Forget calling ... I have never gotten any info when I called a local store.
    Last edited by Jim Fancher; 10-21-2004 at 4:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Heck
    Well, since you mention it..... I can't take credit for this one, but I did go buy it. Lowes is selling the Hitachi 18V 4 pack of tools for $189. It's listed as $414 (I believe) on Amazon. Comes with drill, sawzall, circular saw, flashlight, and 2 batteries and a charger. Oh, and this very cool bag, instead of the big plastic case you always get.

My 12V DeWalt batteries are dead and I've been working with a corded drill for a while, just debating on what to do with the DW setup - whether to replace the batteries or just get a whole new drill with new batteries included. Well, this $189 solved that problem. Except I still have the DeWalt with no batteries.
    Maybe I can pay the favor back. I was at a Black and Decker outlet the other day and they have all of the batteries versa, 9.6, 12, 14, and 18. They were very reasonable around $20-30. For most drills ( Dewalt , B&D ) they are interchagable. I have 2 older DW BD 9.6 drill and they are interchagable and I picked up an extra 9.6 at the outlet for $23. at the BORG's they are $50. There should be one close to you.

If you are in the market I would check out any of the corless impact drivers. I picked up a Makita 12v earlier this year and it is excellent.
    Rich

Aaron not to burst your bubble

The kit on Amazon is the Pro set, if you do a search on Lowes.com you'll see they sell two sets, the low-end and the pro-set. Lowe's price for the pro-set is about the same as Amazon.

Still a good deal for the kit though.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

The "DE" set was on Amazon, at least a few days ago. The link is over on Woodnet, if you're interested.

I'm heading to HD tongiht for some other stuff...I think I'll mosey over to the tool corral and see what the fuss is all about...might even mosey out of there with this in the cart........
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    I'm heading to HD tongiht for some other stuff...I think I'll mosey over to the tool corral and see what the fuss is all about...might even mosey out of there with this in the cart........
    Thats a great idea !! Then you can afix that nose a tad better.
    Rich

According to Home Depot's website, this special purchase on the 3 Senco nailers/stapler will be good until 05-jan-?? . I can't remember what day.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Well, I visited HD last night...no dice on the Senco kit. In fact, the guy at Home Depot was kind of mystified. He said it is a perfectly legit SKU# I gave him so they can order it but for whatever reason, no one in this district had one anywhere.

Now I have no idea what comprises the district around here but suffice it to say that the 2 HDs close to me do not have these in stock. He said he could talk to the person in charge of the tool corral to order it for me. I'm going to see what I get charge for in shipping on the web and see if that beats the 8.25% in tax I would pay if I bought it bricks 'n mortar style.

I believe shipping is free on the website, and you'll pay tax either way (internet or store) so it shouldn't be any more to order it online.

Easy enough, then!