Thread: Hand Screws

Hand Screws

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bowman View Post
    How do you make wooden hand screw clamps?

Last edited by Bob Smalser; 02-02-2010 at 2:09 AM.
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

If you have a lathe, why do you turn them by plane? To ensure proper sizing?

Blog Entries

Talking Neat'

Neat clamps and neat photo essay! Now I'm going to have to make some.

Bob, always great to see your "how to" photo's.

How is your house coming? Why don't you post some pictures, we would love to see it. Or did I miss it somewhere else?

Richard
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Westfall View Post
    If you have a lathe, why do you turn them by plane? To ensure proper sizing?
    It's fast.
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff

Thanks for the photo essay, Bob.