Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Apple Unveils the iDud

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Morgan View Post
    Well, being that Apple is pretty much a cult.........kind of IS a religion
    I agree, just the same type of religion that PC people practice. It's always amazed me that if you mention Apple, then you're a Kool aid drinker, but if you mention PC, then everything is fine and we're all good. I think a mirror would serve many well. Which one is the religion, the apple or the PC? If it's one, then it's both.

Some of the comments in this thread are just laughable. If the worst thing you can say about a Mac is that you had to reboot it once to get it to see a new network, then I concede, they are junk. We'll just bypass all those 100's of post on a woodworking forum about "help, I got a virus". Let's just pretend that's a great system.

I agree with you all, PC's are great, and Mac's are toys for kids, mostly fads and all overpriced and hard to use.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    It's always amazed me that if you mention Apple, then you're a Kool aid drinker, but if you mention PC, then everything is fine and we're all good.
    Scott, in all honesty, that isn't what I see when I read posts here that raise Mac v. PC issues. By and large, I think those that you perceive as pro-PC are quite willing to say that Macs are well built and that they are fine computers for quite a few people. I certainly will say it--I own a lot of Apple gear. The difference--it seems to me--is that the pro-Mac crowd seems unwilling to admit that the PC is appropriate for anyone without being snide about it.

Part and parcel of that seems to be an unwillingness to admit that there are any imperfections in Macs. For example, I don't think the poster who talked about having to reboot was saying that Macs were junk because of that. I think they were pointing out that Macs aren't perfect. There is a big range between "junk" and "perfect." Frankly, that poster actually said he thought the iPad was going to be a big hit and that Macs were typically more reliable than PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I agree with you all, PC's are great, and Mac's are toys for kids, mostly fads and all overpriced and hard to use.
    Glad you finally see it our way. <grin>

Actually, the reason 'we' in PC-land have so many conflicts is that with 95% of the mini-computer market there are many more chefs in the kitchen doing what they can to improve the soup and produce the best side dishes. Efforts to satisfy all of the pushers and shovers gets you a 30 year long series of compromises. I don't see this as a bad thing. Mr. Gates gets bashed for fostering a "wild west" syndrome where anything goes, Mr. Jobs gets bashed for being a Stalinist dictator allowing only the chosen few to slice the carrots. Pick one.

Those of us intelligent enough to work through the mess, survive. The rest by Apples. <Ohhhh... another grin. Really.>

Victor's phonograph's needles moved side to side and ANYONE could produce records for it.
    Edison's phonograph's needle moved up and down and he kept tight control over who could produce records for it.
    Guess who won - long before stereo proved which was the better technology?
    Last edited by Mitchell Andrus; 02-01-2010 at 10:12 AM.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    Frankly, that poster actually said he thought the iPad was going to be a big hit and that Macs were typically more reliable than PCs.
    I think you need to look at that posters history of posts on the subject on this forum, not just in this thread.

Mitchell, you keep on betting against Steve Jobs. I'll add you to the list of people that were dead wrong about Steve Job's run Apple. Apple without Jobs has been a mess at best, Apple with Jobs has done well.

Let's not forget who invented the PC. It wasn't Bill Gates.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    I don't see this as a bad thing. Mr. Gates gets bashed for fostering a "wild west" syndrome where anything goes, Mr. Jobs gets bashed for being a Stalinist dictator allowing only the chosen few to slice the carrots. Pick one.
    I think you might need to read a little history on it. The reason virus' exist on MS products is BECAUSE Microsoft wouldn't listen to developers. Their operation system is closed and they do not allow access to the code either. So the two you believe are on opposite sides are actually practicing the same techniques.

Do some research on how all the groups tried to get MS to close some holes in their system, and they were told to shut up. Those people were responsible for creating virus' to exploit the holes to force MS to correct the issues.

How'd that work out? Not so good......20 years later, we still have that mess that all could have been avoided if they would have listened to the people.

Let's hear the sounds of everyone taking a deep breath...

In through the nose...deeper...hold...now out...
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan