Thread: Delta/Wynn/Oneida 50-760

Delta/Wynn/Oneida 50-760

Here it is, in all its glory!

Pretty happy with how it came out. Air flow is MUCH improved over the old dusty bag.

Woo Hoo!

Even if it didn't work, it sure looks cool.

Thanks Matt. My take on Rube Goldberg.

Sort of reminds me of the song... "Upside down you turn me..."

I was thinking it looks like some kind of fancy process equipment I might see at a manufacturing plant.

If anyone asks tell them its hush-hush and get an NDA from them

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    If anyone asks tell them its hush-hush and get an NDA from them
    LOL!

Great Idea!

Actually, I got the inspiration from someone else (see below... but I can't recall who!). This was my attempt to make it fit under my opened garage door.

Cameron,

That's a really slick looking setup. I used to have a Jet DC1200 with a canister. I hated it because wood chips would always plug the filter and reduce the airflow. This would certainly have made it better.

The celebratory bottle of Doggie Style is a nice touch to the pictures.
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. - Thomas Jefferson

Cameron,
    It looks more like art than machine. I like it.

Request a Favor: What is the height of the Super Dust Deputy from the flange attached to the drum to the top of the big cone?

thanks,
    -Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

Cool design. Very industrial chic.

Question. When you empty the barrel, does the top part need some support?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Reddy View Post
    Thanks Matt. My take on Rube Goldberg.

Cameron, Rube is my hero.

Nice looking modification..............Rod.

Very nice - where's your source for the Norfab plumbing? Local or shipped?

BTW - you shoulda had us Spartans Wed nite - if Sims had just come down and gone right back up, he woulda slammed it in. Whew!! Whatta game!!
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Hi Cameron,

I like what you thought up for keeping the system small height wise. Very cool. Thats my thumb in the picture you show. It looks like Onieda went with a white color versus a blue. Another thing I noticed is that they no longer include the 35gal barrel with the cost of the unit. The norbfab was also a good choice. I did the same.

Do you also use a plastic bag under the filter?

~mark

Ah, ... Mark! It was YOU! Sorry I'd forgotten! Yes, I put a bag under the filter. I doubt it will ever need to be emptied, and I may just seal off the bottom of the unit and use the space for storage (probably some of the extra hose I have and use for general cleaning.)

Jeffery, I haven't gotten out to measure for you yet. Sorry. I will, though.

Kent, Whew, is right! My blood runs green! I got some of the Nordfab from Oneida. I've purchased some from Grizzly. And I've purchased some from a local rep. The fittings on the Delta are a mix of Nordfab and some of the heavy duty stuff from Penn State (which I purchased before I discovered the wonder of the Quick Fit system.)

Rob, the Quick Fit stuff is very rigid and holds itself up. The fittings coming off the Delta are a combination of non-quick fit stuff and they are NOT self supporting. Nevertheless, from fiddling with the set up so far, I'm pretty sure I can unclamp one of the quick fit buckles and simply (without the need to support anything) pull the drum out from under the remainder of the duct.

Not in the pictures... I've now added wheels under the plywood and I've secured the plywood to the base of the Delta. It moves very nicely as one unit. I'm thrilled!!

Cameron

I would stick with the bag under the filter. If you ever let your barrel get to full you'll know why.

Cameron, Nice work. I must have clicked on this thread 20 times by now to see all the comments and updates. Can you post how the unit is working right now? How is the fine dust separation for the unit? I really wonder if it is comparable to their regular cyclone. Do you know if it has a nuetral vane design also?

I have a Jet 1100 right now and is really, really begging for this upgrade.

Wil,

Welcome to SMC!

I don't know if it has a neutral vane. The unit seems to be working very well. I get a lot more CFM than I did with the bag, and there is no dust settling in the plastic bag under the filter. I haven't emptied the unit yet nor have I examined the filters from the inside.

This seems a very good alternative to a full blown cyclone. I don't know how it compares to the Thien baffle.

I'm pretty sure what makes this unit work so well is the excellent airflow from the Wynn filter and the smooth walls of the 5" duct.