Thread: Quick question on Porter Cable 1001-T2 Router

Quick question on Porter Cable 1001-T2 Router

I am trying to buy my father in law a router table for his birthday and I want to make sure it is drilled for his router. I called my MIL and asked her to get the model number of his router. She came back with PC 1001-T2. I am having a hard time finding out exactly what that is. It appears to be the base number, but I am not sure. I am buying a rockler router table and it says that it comes pre-drilled for PC690 series. Do the 690 series come with a 1001-T2 base, or am I all confused. I have done a bunch of searching but have not found much help. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Yes I believe that is the model 690 Be fore warned though. I went through two 690 routers in a router table before getting a bigger router. Use light cuts. This router spins at I believe 21,000 to 23,000RPM. That's very fast for a horizontal raised panel cutter. The larger raised panels, (particularly the three wing) are best used at about 10,000 RPM or so. Good luck.

Not the router.

I believe that is the model number of the base, not the router. They fit the 690 and at least one other (smaller) as I recall.

The router base model 1001(all types) will fit the PC 100, any 690 series router and the (really terrible) cordless model.
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by mickey cassiba View Post
    The router base model 1001(all types) will fit the PC 100, any 690 series router and the (really terrible) cordless model.
    MC
    Add the PC 630 to your list. The base was the only good thing about the cordless model.