Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque Work Centre, neat machine....

Torque Work Centre, neat machine....

I have never seen this one before but there is a lot that I have never seen.

This one is really neat and I could really see some great used for it in the shop. It would really be good for small shops with not a lot of space.

There is so much you can do with it.... with so many different tools.

Now if we could just get it in the US.

Watch the videos on the home page.

http://torqueworkcentre.com/index.html

1264227508.jpg

Fantastic Machine

Hi Bill I have one these machines and they are just fantastic.

Wow....how much do they cost?
    Maurice

Hmmm.

More ... info ... can be found ...

Without even knowing, for sure, what it IS ... I think I want one
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 02-02-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Removed link, linking to other forums is a violation of the TOS

Smile How Much?

Ball park figure is US$ 4.000.00 to US$ 4,500.00.
    More information available at lazylarrywoodworks.com.au/T_W_C.html
    Last edited by Larry Maykin; 02-03-2010 at 3:35 AM. Reason: more information

it's pretty neat... It duplicates alot of functions, like a router table, radial arm saw etc....

If I had to start from scratch it would be an interesting idea, though I don't like multi purpose tools as the time spent switching "modes" bugs me...

This guy describes setting one up and some modifications he is doing to it: http://stusshed.wordpress.com/

Ken

Stu's Shed

Stu's Shed has lots of videos and podcasts.. he reviews all sorts of tools.

Thats Lazy Larry he is the manufacturer

Seems a bit pricey. Another four grand will get you a comparable size commercial quality CNC Router.

Clarification.

I do not normally feel the need to clarify my opinion, but in this case I make an exception...
    Firstly I am Lazy Larry and I own and operate a small woodworking business in Australia... Lazy Larry Woodworks...
    Secondly I do not Manufacture the Torque Workcentre...
    I did however buy the first machine that was made .... I saw it demonstrated at the Maleny Woodshow... in Queensland Australia...and JUST HAD TO HAVE ONE...
    After using the Torque Workcentre for a while I made some videos with the help of the Company...to be used by the Company as demo videos in their Dealers Showrooms...
    After posting these vids on Lumberjocks... I received an email requesting information as to how one could be purchased... I contacted the Company and was granted a dealership in Queensland, Australia.
    As to the Price... I feel the Torque Workcentre tells its own story...remember you get what you pay for... There will always be cheaper and dearer pieces of equipment...
    Thanks for the opportunity to set the record straight...
    Larry

I bet Festool would sell a lot of these for $4k if they re-engineered a version to work with their MFT and tools because they already have their name established.

If I had that money though I'd probably put it towards a Euro Slider/Shaper combo. 2 functions from one machine is enough for me.

The Ozzy dollar is starting to slide against the USD so it will be cheaper than the advertised Ozzy dollars. We were down to about 56 cents at one stage, it would have been a steal then! Don't wait to long as they reckon we will be on par some time this year
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

The price quoted is in US Dollars so the conversion rate isn't a factor or am I wrong?

I really like the concept and it appears to be a nice tool that is versatile. Since there isn't any other manual tool to compare it to directly my comment about the cost versus a CNC machine is based on the closest machine available which my not be a fair comparison. You will have to be the judge.

I still feel that any machine that is in the 4000 to 4500 (US) dollar price range is at the high end for most hobby woodworkers. A pro shop would no doubt step up to a CNC machine that offers ten times the capability for four thousand dollars more which isn't significant for a machine that can produce that in profit per week or month.

I expect that the price reflects the cost to manufacture them one at a time, high production runs would no doubt bring the costs down significantly, make them more affordable and available to more people.

Looks cool but think I will hold off for the $99 Harbor Freight unit + 20% off coupon.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale