Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodcraft and LN

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    I am not sure how things are today, but my memory recalls some reviews that said the WoodRiver offerings were no where near the quality of a rusty old Stanley.

I am sure these things can change quickly.

jim
    I know the people at my local Woodcraft pretty well, and they do not report people returning WoodRiver planes or complaining about them. And they do report selling a lot of them. Unless all those buyers are just totally uninformed and don't know what a good plane is, I would expect to hear about complaints and returns.

And I know the people well enough to know that they aren't telling me fibs.

Mike

[I've also examined the planes in pretty good detail - took some completely apart - and they appear to be well made. I don't own one so I can't give any experience with one. If I needed a (another) plane, I would buy a WoodRiver.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 02-03-2010 at 3:37 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I know the people at my local Woodcraft pretty well, and they do not report people returning WoodRiver planes or complaining about them. And they do report selling a lot of them. Unless all those buyers are just totally uninformed and don't know what a good plane is, I would expect to hear about complaints and returns.

And I know the people well enough to know that they aren't telling me fibs.

Mike

[I've also examined the planes in pretty good detail - took some completely apart - and they appear to be well made. I don't own one so I can't give any experience with one. If I needed a (another) plane, I would buy a WoodRiver.]
    Others agree with your assessment:

http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/hand-tools-f11.html