Thread: Lobo Surface Planer

Lobo Surface Planer

I've located a WP0015 Lobo Planer ( 15 inch) for sale and wondered if any of you guys had any experience with Lobo tools. They are still marketed and sold, but I'm unsure of the age of this particular unit, until I can go and take a look at it. As advertised, they're currently pretty pricey, but I don't know anything about the reputation and availability of parts. Any information that anyone can offer will be appreciated. Thanks
    "Good judgment comes from experience....unfortunately, most experience comes from BAD judgment" Will Rogers

From what I can tell and have seen, they are an importer of bigger industrial grade machinery. Most of what I have seen has been pretty good, but I do not own or have any of their machinery.

I would suspect for older equipment parts may be difficult to find, but that is the case with most older equipment now a days.

Lobo Machinery

Thanks for the reply, Travis. I too discovered that they primarily manufacture heavy "commercial/industrial" machinery for production type companies. I had just never seen the "Lobo" name kicked around on any of the forums, but still thought that with all of the vast knowledge of equipment that exists with the Sawmill group, someone may have had feedback on the brand. Guess not... So, I'm going to examine the machine tonight, and if I like what I see I plan to find a way to try and load it up and adopt it into my very diverse family of "curs" in the shop.
    "Good judgment comes from experience....unfortunately, most experience comes from BAD judgment" Will Rogers