Thread: New Clear Vue

New Clear Vue

I just received my new Clear Vue Blower Vac Conversion Lid from Ed. I ordered this a while back when he had the order ahead sale and just got it yesterday. I went back to the Clear Vue site to check on a few things and it looks like he doesn’t have these listed anymore. I know he stopped selling the Mini because of a legal issue with Oenida but I thought these were his replacement option. Anyone know why he pulled these? I sent an e-mail to him late today but haven’t heard anything yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Plane Anarchist

Got mine today! Haven't set it up yet though...

If anyone is interested

Ed says he's at least temporarily discontinuing these because of poor sales. He will re-evaluate in a few months.
    Too bad for you guys with out one, I guess mine is a collectors item now !
    The Plane Anarchist

I want one, but the tool budget is blown for the time being after the TS purchase. I still owe TLOML about 100.00 before I'm back even. And there are probably other things that would still be in front of it, like finishing the lights, insulation and wall covering in the shop. Enjoy it! If it's anything like the full size CV cyclone I have, you will love it! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I've received one as well. It does not have a conical separator, but I have not tested it to see whether this makes a difference. Ed assures me it will not.

I gave mine a test. Sucked up 5 gallons of saw dust I've been keeping just for this test. I found that if I choke it but trying to suck up too much to quick, the filters will get quite a lot of dust, but nothing like a standard vac. If I meter it so it never chokes, more like a normal vac job, it doesn't pass much to the filters. I don't know how it compares to a full cyclone vac like a dust deputy.
    The Plane Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Betsch View Post
    I gave mine a test. Sucked up 5 gallons of saw dust I've been keeping just for this test. I found that if I choke it but trying to suck up too much to quick, the filters will get quite a lot of dust, but nothing like a standard vac. If I meter it so it never chokes, more like a normal vac job, it doesn't pass much to the filters. I don't know how it compares to a full cyclone vac like a dust deputy.
    Mine separates only the chips - using it on the ROS results in nearly all of the dust just passing right on through to the filters.

Matt, do you have the baffle installed under the cyclone? My issue (with the baffle installed) is almost the oposite of your problem, big chips get caught in the baffle area and then get pulled into the filter. I get better seperation of the fine dust, although I haven't used it with my ROS so I don't know how well it works on fine sanding dust. My filter doesn't get plugged like it did without the unit but so far I'm a little disappointed in the unit. I'm thinking about mounting it on a barrel and then lowering the baffle down so big chips will clear better. I haven't had enough time to call Ed and talk to him about my issues yet.
    The Plane Anarchist

Ed says to drop the baffle 2 inches and give a new try. Then if I need more storage I could mount to a 30 gallon barrel, jsut make sure it is strong or the vac will colapse it.
    The Plane Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Betsch View Post
    Matt, do you have the baffle installed under the cyclone? My issue (with the baffle installed) is almost the oposite of your problem, big chips get caught in the baffle area and then get pulled into the filter. I get better seperation of the fine dust, although I haven't used it with my ROS so I don't know how well it works on fine sanding dust. My filter doesn't get plugged like it did without the unit but so far I'm a little disappointed in the unit. I'm thinking about mounting it on a barrel and then lowering the baffle down so big chips will clear better. I haven't had enough time to call Ed and talk to him about my issues yet.
    I do... When i try to suck up too much dust at once, that's when the big chips get sucked into the filter. But basically, any sanding dust pretty much goes straight to the filter. I really think this is due to the geometry of the whole setup.

Leigh,

Looks nice...and I mean the large piece of ww'ing equipment NEXT to the shop vac....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

stealth gloat. I've been gloating for 3 years now and I ain't gonna stop.
    The Plane Anarchist

I built this based on Bill Pentz design.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=105916

Works WONDERFULLY! almost all the dust captured in the bucket.
    Have emptied the bucket numerous times and very little dust in the filter compartment.

The only things that escape are the very thin shavings from a hand plane (they have almost no weight I guess!).