Thread: Wild Idea

Wild Idea

I had this wild idea (brain phart) today, that I might bring along my wish book for others to look at during the WWing show in Olathe. My copied Catalogue of WF&G Barnes foot powered tools.

Anybody think its a good idea?
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Blog Entries
    Well, if I was going to be there, I would enjoy looking at it.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Also not going to be there, but I think it would be cool for you to share, I would definitely be interested if I was there.

/p

Blog Entries
    You never know, you may be sharing your "wish book" with someone who knows were some of your dreams a just gathering dust.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Tools for Working Wood?

Joel is always interested in making usful tools. Perhaps he would be willing to maybe make a "kit" of necessary hardware we could assemble ourselves.
    Maybe we should have an opinion poll and see if a couple hundred of us would be willing to determine the most wanted tool for production.
    Personally I would be interested in a lathe, but I'm not sure what type might be best. CME ToolWorks has a nice flywheel one, but Roy Underhill has a springpole one in his book that looks interesting too.
    Just a thought.

Eric

If I was going to be anywere near Olathe (wherever the heck that is) I'd definitely want the oportunity to see your book.
    PI

I'd love to see it, after joining this forum and seeing some of your work and finding out that you're almost in my backyard I was glad to hear that you'd be at the show so I could see some of your work. I'll likely be there on Fri and Saturday if I like the sessions.

where in my front yard are you?
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand