Thread: Ridgid ever make a 8" jointer?

Ridgid ever make a 8" jointer?

have a guy semi local that says he has a 8" jointer, for 225 i cant find any source confirming they made a 8" jointer. here is a picture.

That looks a lot like mine. I guess you could stretch it into a "8 inch" if you considered only the bed, but with the fence and blade guard the most you are going to get is 6 1/4. I have never heard if an 8in Ridgid. By the way, that is a pretty good jointer even though it is only "6 in".

as long as it's ridgid, i'd buy it. the older gray model power tools carry a lifetime guaranty that attaches to the tool and not the original owner. so for $225, you could be getting a 6" ridgid jointer that carries a lifetime guaranty. i'd say that trumps a newer second hand orange unit and is, if in good shape, almost as good as getting a new ridgid jointer at the clearance price. i really like mine, and yes, it's gray.

I'd prefer that stand over the newer ones also.

Could be. I have a 6" RIDGID and the cabinet is different.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Robert gree View Post
    have a guy semi local that says he has a 8" jointer, for 225 i cant find any source confirming they made a 8" jointer. here is a picture.