Alright, first the not-so good things: The blasted Baldwin cylander I was GOING to install on the Baldwin mortice lock (in the nice antique Victorian door) is too @#%% long for the door thickness. Call the supplier, and they don't have the right size in stock, so that project sits and waits again. No problem, i 'll jus replace the junker hinges and get another aspect done (this is going to be the new front door. No go. I need a cut off tool to get the damn last hinge off, as some bone head NAILED it into the door. Trying to pry it off was not having good results with the old wood.

BTW, never made it to Rockler to see Ken's turning demo.

Wasted most of the afternoon trying to be useful around the house, and have now decided to just chunk it and go for a bike ride.

Oh...the good stuff...well..I DID get up to Highland Hardware for the tent sale, and found a couple of bargains, although only one bargain I could use. Some one had a 3 hp dust collector for sale ($175). Already have a 1.5 hp unit, and couldn't justify that one just yet. On the scratch and dent/bargain table for HH, there was a 12.5" Delta planer for $100. Was damaged in shipping, and needed a new cutter head lock. Is ne really necessary? Not really, but I already got the 13" model on close out from Lowes.

BUT, on the same table was a Makita Model 9820-2 sharpener......retuned by soemone unknown. Virtually new fully functioning and for some odd reason, included a second blade holder. Nice, but needed? Hmm..never mind, I picked it up for a whopping $125!!! Pretty cool, more than 50% off, and it was a unit I was eyeballing for my future anyway.

I'm going for a ride now, will post pictures later, and will think about making a messy time of sharpening various metal things tomorrow afternoon.

Maurice