Thread: Grizzly table saw

Grizzly table saw

I look at this site everal times dailey but normally take more than I give. I'm just a naturally shy person I guess. lol
    here is my contribution today.
    I just recieved my new Grizzly 3hp left tilt cabinet type table saw. I spent a couple days rebuilding table-board and cleaning up my shop. Haveone more day (today) in the shop cleaning and re-arranging my shop.
    From what I have seen putting this thing together and setting it up it will make an excellent table saw for years and years to come.
    If anyone is looking for a new tablesaw and having doubts about the Grizzly, I just wanted to ease your worries. I love this thing. It seems to be very well put together with massive gears and trunions underneath.
    Unfortunatly my pictures are too large to post here. If there is any interest I'll take some more pics with my camera turned down a notch on clarity
    Clint
    poor, self-employed woodworker

Nice Gloat on the TS Clint. The Grizzly does get good reviews on this board, and others I frequent. Tyler and the Pic Police are going to get ya' for no picture, so turn that digi-cam down a notch or two and post a pic. Also, what was your reason for going left tilt, vs right tilt?

Clint....nice gloat! If I were doing it all over today....I'd probably be using a Grizzly table saw! On posting your pictures....in your image/pic software usually the pics are save as .jpg files.......you can just resize them with a max width of 500-600 pixels maintaining the aspect ratio and they will post.
    Again...congrats on the new saw!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks everyone. let me try to re-size it so I don't get into any trouble. man, I knew this would happen, I really did try to post a picture the first time. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, that worked, thanks. I still need the newest picture though. I will get that here in a bit when I go out to the shop.
    I put the right side wing back on and rebuilt my table-board. I could'nt see not using the right side wing when I just bought it.
    Why does everyone take off the right wing when using a table-board anyway. At leat most of the pictures of table-saws I've found have no right wing.
    Clint

Congratulations on the new saw, Clint! You'll really enjoy it for many years. And thanks for sharing your story and pictures, too!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have an early 1023 right tilt. Left the cast extensions on when I changed to a Accusquare fence system with added table for a router. I had to cut the extension table down though.

All the room underneath on yours would be an ideal place for a storage cabinet to keep your blades and such. I would make one for mine, but it being a right tilt, and having the motor cover on the right side, there isn't enough room to make it practical.
    Steve

(Drooling with envy)....

Had LOML talked into buying one of those last month... Should've done it, because this month we bought a new truck and now she changed her mind... Sigh....

My goal is to get one by New Years because I read an artilce that prices will go up in January due to high steel and iron costs. Is this true, or just a marketing bluff?

thanks Jim, I hope you're right. I don't plan on ever having to buy another saw.

Steve, I've already been thinking about a storage cabinet under the table. Saw another post on this board or the other with a pretty good design I may copy or just come up with my own. it may be a while though as I have to start making some more saw dust to pay the bills with.
    Scott, hang in there bud. maybe when the newness wheres off the truck she'll loosen up a little.
    I've heard from several places people talking about the cost of steel going up.
    I am glad I bought the Grizzly. I know a Laguna, Powermatic, jet or delta may be a better saw but let's face it. this was more of a want than a need. To be completely honest, my Jet contractor saw with the 50" Bies. fence actually did anything i needed it to do. I just wanted a cabinet saw.
    Now to get my dust collector hooked up. all my machines are on the right wall along with my collector. The dust pickup is on the left of the cabinet. I gues I'll use my shop vac with it for a while.
    I'd like to also make an over arm type guard and dust catcher.
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Parks
    (Drooling with envy)....

Had LOML talked into buying one of those last month... Should've done it, because this month we bought a new truck and now she changed her mind... Sigh....

My goal is to get one by New Years because I read an artilce that prices will go up in January due to high steel and iron costs. Is this true, or just a marketing bluff?
    Seems everyone is raising prices due to the steel prices. My cabinet hardware, hinges, screws, etc. is all higher than the first of the year.
    When I started my shop addition, 1/2"x10' rebar went up from $2.50 a stick to $7.00. Metal sheeting I used went from $1200.00 to $1700.00
    Also all my freight costs have gone up due to the diesel prices going up.
    Better buy that saw.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Clint deal
    Scott, hang in there bud. maybe when the newness wheres off the truck she'll loosen up a little.
    Clint
    I cant wait any longer!!! I've whined about my worn out TS for the last two years to plant the seed on how much a peice of junk it is... I was sure I had it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Seems everyone is raising prices due to the steel prices. My cabinet hardware, hinges, screws, etc. is all higher than the first of the year.
    When I started my shop addition, 1/2"x10' rebar went up from $2.50 a stick to $7.00. Metal sheeting I used went from $1200.00 to $1700.00
    Also all my freight costs have gone up due to the diesel prices going up.
    Better buy that saw.
    Steve
    And the rising cost of a new truck to boot!!! (could've bought 35 new grizz's)