Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walnut Telecaster

Looks great!

I love the Walnut and Rosewood. I have a Walnut w/ ebony fretboard "tele" with black and silver hardware. I love it. Though I don't play nearly as much as I used to, all your threads are causing my gas (guitar acquisition syndrome) to flare up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sepucha View Post
    I love the Walnut and Rosewood. I have a Walnut w/ ebony fretboard "tele" with black and silver hardware. I love it. Though I don't play nearly as much as I used to, all your threads are causing my gas (guitar acquisition syndrome) to flare up again.
    Thanks Dave! Sounds like a nice guitar you have there.

So, when my wife gives me the look about building another guitar, I can just tell her I have "GAS" and she'll quickly leave the room. Awesome!

Peace,
    Mark
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

More Pics...

My photog skills are even worse without a flash but you can see the finish better in these.

Peace,
    Mark
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Mark,

It never ceases to amaze. Congrats on this beautiful guitar, and the very classy ash Tele!

Cheers,

Seth
    Play drums!

Blog Entries
    Very nice. I'm thinking about making myself a neck-thru guitar this summer. Not sure what design I'm gonna strive for. I'm leaning towards a slightly oversized LP, or an Explorer. So I might have to pick your brain on some things!

Great job !!

Would love to hear Jimi play that axe !!!
    MARK

Mark,
    Do you make a compound radius or straight? What neck profile and what do you use to install the frets, hammer or press?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Crenshaw View Post
    I strted on the binding today. I toyed with the idea of laminating a .020" black binding behind the pearloid to match the black laminate on the PG but I think I'll order a solid pearloid PG instead...Warmoth has one for about $35.

Anyway. Here are a couple of shots of the binding process.

I hope to get them scraped and cleaned up this weekend.

Peace,
    Mark
    Have you ever tried filament tape for the tight bends? That's what I use on tight bends.

WOW .. that is really nice work you good..

10. Brilliant!

I just picked up a ShopSmith and am going to (after I refurbish it) make stringed instruments. The idea of using the front holes to register into a pin so that you can then drill through the back is brilliant! Never would have thought of that. I have always loved Telecasters, and have owned a few. Maybe I can.......

Derek

wow.. very very cool. Have you ever made one out of walnut? I'm curious what kind of tone you got.
    again.. nice job!
    Mark.