Thread: A tool gloat to me...

A tool gloat to me...

Just received a Tite-Mark marking gauge, that I got on ebay for $69, I know it is not a real deal but the thing is like new and I saved $20 from the reg price... Wow that tool is quite a different one than what I have already(Veritas one) I think I will love it!
    just tought I'd share my exitement!

Blog Entries
    David,

I have a Veritas and do find it a little awkward but it seems like a good gauge.

Can you elaborate a bit more on why you like the tight mark better?

If it is a better tool, I may want one in my future.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Congrats David - that is a gloat in my book. I own two of them and it is indeed a fine tool. I owned the Veritas as well until I bought a TM. I sold the Veritas a few days later.
    With skill and tool we put our trust and when that won't do then power we must.

David - I agree with you, I would not be without the tite-mark. I have an antique Stanley wheel guage that the tite-mark was based on. What Mr. Drake did with that original design was nothing short of amazing. The antiques in my possesion rarely get used anymore as a result.

Jim to answer you question, I think it is a superior tool in the way it fonction. It seem to me(I had the tool for only 12Hrs) that it is smpler to use with one hand, it is beefier, and you can ajust the resistance of the sliding mecanism with a smal "tefflon" set screw. The blade look also beefier and the screw that hold it is bigger(I lost the tinny screw of my veritas once so far)I also like all th optional mortising cutters you can had(don't have them... yet). I will let you know more after a few weeks of actualy using it!