Thread: First Three Projects

First Three Projects

Hello all, well here are my first three builds. I don’t get a lot of shop time so things take awhile to get completed.

First about two years ago with very limited tools I built three of these toy boxes, very amateurish, just a plywood box trimmed out with off the shelf oak trim.

Second this past fall my LOML wanted a two tier plant stand so I picked up some cedar fence slats and threw together this stand, it’s replacing a garden bench so she wanted it to look similar to the bench.

And third are the wall clocks (now with tools), I’m giving one to my Dad for his 80th birthday next Saturday and I want to thank all of those who replied to my questions about building them.

Go easy with the criticism, lol Pat

they all look good. start with small projects and work your way up

lou

Blog Entries
    Everything looks great to me. The clocks are very nice.

Remember that every time you start a project you have to add at least 1 new tool to your collection. I need to knock out about 1000 quick projects and my tool collection should be close to where I want it
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Would comment Pat but.. all I see is little square boxes on my screen with a red X in them. No response to clicking on them? Hopefully latter...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    Would comment Pat but.. all I see is little square boxes on my screen with a red X in them. No response to clicking on them? Hopefully latter...

Hi John, have you tried using the refresh(F5) button when
    you get the dreaded little x boxes come up. It works for me
    most of the time.

Nice work Pat , i wonder what will happen when you get to
    your 23 or 33 project?, we'll all probably give up and declare
    you the winner.

Pat, I dig the clocks too. Nice!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Pat O'malley View Post
    Hello all, well here are my first three builds. I don’t get a lot of shop time so things take awhile to get completed.
    I like the clocks but I have a question. I think the top molding looks a little heavy but it could just be the camera and angle.

Otherwise I like the design, clean lines and wood choices. Off to a good start! Next up, a Chippendale Highboy, right?
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Finally... Pandora opened the boxes for me for unknown reasons and I can see. I suppose even an old blind squirrel gets an acorn every once in awhile.

Good functional work on all. My wife likes the plant stand and wants one on the back deck.. when you get a chance is I believe her standard statement which really means, "get on it now" before spring. Clocks look great but I also would consider taking some the mass out of the molding at the top to balance the top and bottom. Not a big deal.. just a future consdieration.

Good jobs...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Thanks everybody, Rob I don't know about a Chippendale yet. I agree about the top end looking heavy, I thought afterwards I should have added another layer to the bottom, what do ya think?

I really like the clocks, very nice for your first few projects!