Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patterns for laser cut wedding invites/favors

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Bell View Post
    Hello! I have an Epilog 75W and a store in which we sell wedding supplies, among other things. Anyway, I want to start making laser cut wedding invitations and/or favors. Where can I find vector patterns that would be appropriate? Very lacy, almost like scroll saw patterns ? Can you find scroll saw patterns that you can use with CorelDraw X3?
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Try birdscards.com I used a file there to make my daughter's wedding invitations, and they turned out well. A lot of work, though as my old Epilog Summit couldn't cut more than one at a time, as it has only half the tube working. Good stuff, though!
    Charlie
    Epilog Summit, Chinese 60watt Laser engraver[/COLOR]

Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Jit

Your work is amazing!
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

4. We tend to talk customers out of lace designs for wedding stuff because the cost is enormous due to the amount of time it takes to cut intricate shapes (granted we're not on a high speed system like a Galvo!)

Here's one of our faves though -- minimal with clear acrylic:

black6.jpg

Thanks Mike

Robert, we used to do that - but as our business and reputation has grown, so has our clientele, therefore budget is generally not even a conversation with the majority of our clients. Spending upwards of £30-50 per invitation is normal. Most of these are cut on our speedy 400 as out galvo is no redundant. We are looking at a better quality system such as the Trotec GS but the costs are pretty massive (£120k)
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jiten Patel View Post
    Thanks Mike

Robert, we used to do that - but as our business and reputation has grown, so has our clientele, therefore budget is generally not even a conversation with the majority of our clients. Spending upwards of £30-50 per invitation is normal. Most of these are cut on our speedy 400 as out galvo is no redundant. We are looking at a better quality system such as the Trotec GS but the costs are pretty massive (£120k)
    Ah yeah, down in New Zealand we need to find that market! So far we can get about $10-20 per invite but that's not nearly enough to cover any sort of lace. Also extremely slow on our VLS 4.60.

Beautiful paperwork there, Jit.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i