Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 34-350 12-14" riving knife retrofit

There’s some very nice engineering going on with that.
    Very cool!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice tool making!!

Sean;

That is some mighty fine tool making. Brings back fond memories of my time at Kodak, where there were a lot of brilliant tool makers like you.

There are a lot of really fine older table saws out there that would benefit from a riving knife and a modern belt. Makes me think that a lot of good woodworkers would retrofit instead of buying new. And if you made them in the great USA that would be a real plus.

My hat is off to you!

golly!! That's purty! I was just going to stick a "knife" in where the old guard assembly attached, and be done with it!!! It would, of course, only be good for through cuts... which is all I generally do on my TS.

Oooor... I could make it somewhat manually adjustable using a slot rather than a hole. I could adjust it up and down with a knob or ratchet handle - just like on LeeStyron stuff... sorry, Lee - I saw it and saw that I can proly do it myself... Thanks for the idea.

Very impressive.... get a patent quick!!!
    I love my old unisaw but would love a riving knife.

Any Update?

Has anyone talked to Sean about his retrofit? I see this thread is 2 1/2 yrs. old and I don't see any follow up since he re-installed the table. He also talked about making one of these for a friend that has a 10" Unisaw. Just wonder if he is happy with the design still or would make any changes if he were to build another.