Thread: Madison, wi source for 6" dust collection materials

Madison, wi source for 6" dust collection materials

Hi all, I am thinking of buying my Uncle's grizzly cyclone, it's been put together but never seen dust, 2hp for $500. Obviously I want to jump on it, but I am trying to spec out the cost of the ducts.

They are looking really expensive.

Just wondering if anyone has any sources in Madison, wi for 6" thin wall pvc fittings where I could price it out.

My longest run will only be about 15 feet on the ceiling with a 9 foot drop, so the thing should suck like crazy.

If I am unable to find affordable fittings I may have to stay with my 4" system and a cyclone till I can scrape up the cash for the ducts
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

I purchased all of my 6" SD pipe fittings and pipe from Menard's. Lowe's and Home Depot carry it, but Menard's had a much better selection.

I got mine at Menards. They were the cheapest. When you look at fittings make sure you are looking at the right ones. The 2729 fittings are about half of the shed. 40. I use 6-5" metal reducers in my wyes with a couple of screws and some caulk they fit real well.

For $500 I would get the cyclone anyway and save up for the fittings and ductwork. That is a good deal.
    Chuck

Try Ferguson's Waterworks @5555 Irish Lane in Madison, WI (608-271-1770). I bought my 6" PVC in their Bridgeport, CT office.

The prices for 6" fittings at Menards seem really good too.