Thread: grizzly bandsaw questions

grizzly bandsaw questions

Hello all,
    Well I'm getting ready in the next couple of weeks, to order a go555 bandsaw. After much research I feel it's the best fit for my shop needs and most importantly budget. With all that being said is there anything I should go ahead and order when I order the saw? Is the mobile base grizz recommends a good one to get? I have been debating on getting the riser block. I plan on doing some resawing on a limited basis, but I dont want to have to spend forever slowly feeding boards through, so is 6 inches of resaw best capacity for this saw? Are the blades grizz sells good? (I've read many times the factory blade is so-so and an immediate upgrade is recommended to either wood slicer or timberwolf) Is there any way to tell if this saw will go on sale any time soon? I know they were 395 at Christmas, and I should have pulled the trigger then. And finally, shipping, will they pull up and drop it off by the garage? I may not be home at delivery, but the wife can tell them to put it in front of the garage door if they'll do that. Thanx in advance for any input.

Casey

Get everything including an assortment of blades. If you are ever going to get the riser you'll have to replace your blades so if you can afford it do it now. The supplied blade is only for shipping to keep the wheels from rattling around.

It was easier for me to pick the saw up at the freight company than to try and time the delivery.
    Last edited by Richard Dragin; 02-21-2010 at 11:17 AM.

1) Congrats!!!

2) The factory blade would like to BE so-so. I think it's throw-away.

3) I thoroughly enjoy the TimberWolf blades I use with my G0555X. I've heard excellent things about the Wood Slicer blades, for re-saw.

4) I've done no other upgrades ... yet

Have fun!

+1 on the riser. If you're going to get one, do it now before you acquire the short blades.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have this saw. I picked it up at Grizzly. I got the riser and three longer blades for it. I gave away the original blade. This saw, when resawing ,requires a dust collection system. I resaw softwoods mostly but it does OK on 10" walnut too.
    Shippers are not required to unload anything but a healthy tip works wonders.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214