Thread: pictures of dust collection install

pictures of dust collection install

I recieved my new 3 hp grizzly canister dust collector yesterday, and today went and puchased enough spiral pipe and fittings to hook up 9 machines, approximately 60 feet. Had already recieved 25 feet of 6" hose from Wynn env. 112.00 with shipping what a deal. Anyway back to the pipe, 320.00 for fittings, spiral pipe, tape, ect ect. good deal what do you think? Started putting it up tonight, got to the TS, slow process, maybe get the rest tomorrow. Pretty happy with the way it's turning out, take more pics when done. Thanks for looking!,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

I like! Any particular reason for the spiral pipe over PVC? I've starting thinking about this because we're buying a house and my new shop will be in the basement so DC will be a must.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Piping

I just installed my dc unit using heating system ducting. (aluminum 6"" round) Very inexpensive and any fitting needed is easy to come by. Probably at least as cheap as pvc.

Looking good. Where did you purchase the spiral pipe? Keep us posted on the progress and finished progress. I really appreciate you posting the pics.

To the other person that posted regarding the spiral pipe, the spiral pipe is smooth on the inside, more so than the other options, with the exception of PVC, but you don't have the static buildup and discharge. I have PVC right now, but I would like to re-do with spiral. If you use PVC, make sure to ground the pipe, to prevent the zaps.

Thanks, Bill

Same dust collector

What a price on the dust collector! Mine just arrived and I am interested in seeing your set-up. Please keep the pics coming as you are making my life a lot easier!

The reason for going with spiral pipe was that i got a reasonable deal 32.00 for 10 foot stick out the door, plus he cut me a deal on the fittings 50% off couldn't pass it up. By the time I priced pvc and 28 guage HVAC pipe with fittings the price was marginal. Has anybody tried the paint on sealant CCWI-181, tape the pipe together then go back and paint this stuff on, supposed to stop all leaks, if somebody has any experience please let me know plusses or minusses, thanks again.
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

Darin, Who is "he"? Did you purchase from a retailer, etailer, or an individual?

I am curious, as I want to go the spiral route as well, would like to get some info on where you purchased yours.

Bill

The local retailer that I went through is in Miami OK. the name is Locke Wholesale Heating and Cooling, I don't know if they have a internet address or not? They are really super people, the fact that they are a wholesale business didn't seem to matter, however I was a walk-in so who knows, with the economy the way it is they may be taking whatever comes their way, sad to say but true.
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

Thanks for the info Darin. Really appreciate it. I will check with some HVAC places near me, and if no luck, I will give them a call.

Thanks again, Bill

Very nice Darin!

I thought I had read somewhere that you got more suction out of steel vs pvc anyone know the truth on that?

My 2hp Griz has been installed for nearly a year and a half. I'm not using it because I just can't bring myself to pay 1300.00 for ducting for my little garage shop. So I'd say you got a heckuva bargain on that ducting!

Just a suggestion... After having several "blowouts" of the plastic bags, which makes a HUGE mess, I had Grizzly send me a cloth bag for the bottom which I place over the plastic liner. I liked seeing how full the bags were, but hated the blowouts!

PS. The thein baffle makes a HUGE difference as well!

Looking good Darin!! I'd just tape the joints with the foil HVAC tape. Should be all you need to have a perfect seal. I did all PVC from Locke in my shop. I've never dealt with anyone at any of their stores that wasn't great. Highly recommend them to anyone that has a Locke in their area.

http://www.lockesupply.com/Pages/Loc.../location.html

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 02-28-2010 at 4:48 PM. Reason: added link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]