I hope I'm not a candidate for a Darwin award here -- hopefully you SMCers can help me solve my problem.
I have a basement shop (concrete floor) and have been using a BORG-bought RIGID shop vac to clean up after using the table saw. Every time I use it, I get static electricity shocks while holding onto the hose.
The vac is plugged into a 3-prong, properly grounded outlet, and the table saw is always unplugged when I do cleanup. The shop vac is standard issue, assembled correctly.
I assume I'm getting static buildup as the chips & sawdust move up the vacuum hose. I get the buildup whether I'm cleaning the saw itself or just the concrete floor nearby.
Is the vacuum faulty? Do I need to ground myself in some other way?