Thread: Each time I fire it up is rewarding.

Each time I fire it up is rewarding.

110 volt. single phase with an amperage draw measured in milli amps and a total lack of sawdust. What can it be?
    It's my Cabinet Planner software. I can not recommend this product enough. Especially considering the low startup costs and the ease of use. I know that I made my money back on the first kitchen job I did. But I digress.
    I was working on a project last night with a wrinkle that had me stumped. I sent Rob (the designer) an e-mail (about 6:30 EST) and got an answer back in under 10 minutes. This response time was nothing new either. He has been available just like that for the years I have been using his product.
    If you are thinking about design software with cut sheet optimization capabilities, give Rob a jingle at www.cabinetplanner.com and tell him Ed sent you. You never know, maybe I'll get a T-shirt.

The usual disclaimer applies: I am not connected with or payed by Cabinet Planner. Just a very satisfied user.

Ed
    Come on in friend, here's what you'll find
    A well used shop where you can rest your mind
    The beer's cold and the wood is dry
    We keep the Red Oak piled 6 feet high

Any chance you have some screen shots?

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Any chance you have some screen shots?

Thanks,

Mike
    I have a couple I show on my website of an actual job I did. crookedlittletree.com under the heading "On Site Estimating"

I think there are some on the cabinet planner website as well. Or, at least there should be.

Ed
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 02-23-2010 at 8:25 PM.

Ed is this program easy to use..and would it be easy enough or practical to learn for a couple rooms of cabinets. I find most design type programs take too long or too much time to learn and I soon loose interest.

Phil

You can download a trial at the products website.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Johnson View Post
    Ed is this program easy to use..and would it be easy enough or practical to learn for a couple rooms of cabinets. I find most design type programs take too long or too much time to learn and I soon loose interest.

Phil
    I am not computer savvy by any means but I was up and running inside of an hour when I bought it. From personal experience, I found that most of the roadblocks I encountered were self made. I guess I was expecting it to be harder to use than it turned out to be.
    Most selections are satisfied with drop down menus and specials are fairly simple to create.
    The most impressive thing about the whole deal is that the originator, Rob, is available seemingly around the clock. He has always responded to my inquiries in record time.
    As to it's practicality, I would suggest that one room of enclosures would put you ahead of the curve with regard to money and time saved. I could go on for a while but I won't unless directed otherwise. Would be happy to answer any specific questions in a private mail at ed@crookedlittletree.com so as to not hog the forum.

Ed

I'll second that

This program was so easy to use, I designed all my cabinets for a whole house in about 6 hours, and I never did it before on any software. Also I am not a cabinet maker, or wasn't until now! Two bathrooms and a full kitchen. I made the first few cabinets and was leary of the cut sizes but everypiece was perfect.

I did get stumped a few times, but like was mentioned I emailed Rob and received a reply within minutes.

I see the price went up as of the first of the year but I would still feel it was worth it even just for my own projects. There is also a forum just for cabinet planner owners that can be helpful also.

Also no affiliation, just a satisfied user.

I'm really impressed with the software also, you can download a free trail of the program that gives you 11 uses. Very easy to learn.

About 10 years ago, I became totally frustrated at figuring (and re-figuring) every dimension of raised panel doors with a yellow pad and calculator. I was also frustrated at the exhorbent price of commercial cabinet programs! Having no programming experience, I attempted to make a program in MicroSoft Excel to calculate everything for me. Excel is scary amazing, and goes deeper than any mortal human could probably ask.

I succeeded after 6 months of obcessive-compulsive work, to come up with a pretty complete program which even printed out lists for upper/lower cabinetry and RP doors. I could manipulate everything for FF or F-less if needed.

Cabinet Planner (for less than $100) does everything I worked so hard to accomplish from scratch, and, draws elevations for visual reference. Pretty Amazing! My time spent with Excel was a great learning experience. But, I wish I'd had a cheap alternative such as this wayy back then!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!