Thread: I blame Jim Koepke

Talking I blame Jim Koepke

A few others are also to blame for my addiction, but mainly it's Jim.

I thought I had kicked the habit after my run in with a type 13 #7C. I had gone 2 months without giving into the graving, but last weekend my willpower wavered, and this future project was waiting for me when I got home today.

For those not in the know, it's a Stanley #54 adjustable mouth spokeshave.

-Dan

Blog Entries
    It's not my fault…

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I don't blame Jim for everything...

Naw Jim, I've been on the slippery slope for many years so I can't blame you for that. You do inspire me to keep going though. Thanks. (If I'm thanking you it just shows how bad I got it!).

My latest cleanup is an old Stanley #18 Knuckle Block plane that my dad had. It's different in that it is not only what I think is a Type 1 (Blood & Gore) but it is stamped "Damaged" on both the main body and blade. (It does have some large pits in the sides from the casting process.) We live in interesting times don't we?

Eric

Blog Entries
    what I think is a Type 1
    I had one of those with the bent metal instead of the disk on the lateral adjustment.

Top Apart.jpg

jim
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 02-26-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)