Thread: Any large "dead blow" sledgehammers?

Any large "dead blow" sledgehammers?

I've seen small "dead blow" hammers, whose heads are filled with lead shot. Are there any large (say 10 lb or 20 lb) "dead blow" sledgehammers?

Yes, they have them.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I have seen the 10lb dead blows at Northern Tool they are about $25.00

Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 02-26-2010 at 7:02 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

In the summer, go to you local fair. You know the game where you try to get the disk to ring the bell? Well, while the carny is taking his smoke break, RUN with the sledge!
    I drink, therefore I am.

I've never seen one of those games first hand. A local antique shop had a hammer that might have been from one. However, it was a large wooden mallet, not a metal headed sledge hammer. The head of the mallet appeared to have been cut from a log. There were two iron rings fitted on the ends of the head. I think it would require a certain amount of practice to use a mallet this large effectively.