Thread: DC Motor/Blower only sources?

DC Motor/Blower only sources?

I am planning to use a single stage DC system venting outside. I want a good motor blower somewhere in the 3hp range with a 13+ inch impeller. I can buy a bag type system and strip off the motor blower but wondering if there is a source for this alone that would save money. Not really up for a Frankenstein build just want a one stop shop. I know Penn State has these but they jump from a 2hp up to a 3.5hp that is more expensive than a solid 3hp bag system. I need to stay under $500 to make it cost effective, but would like to see more expensive motor/blower combos just for reference also.

Grainger stocks them. They are called high pressure radial fans. But hang on to your wallet when you look. They sell both with and without the motor. I have a 15" belt drive that I picked up several years ago that I need to get rid of, as I know I won't be using it. It had a 5.0 HP three phase motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Grainger stocks them. They are called high pressure radial fans. But hang on to your wallet when you look.
    You're not kidding, but 10 grand will get you a nearly 16,000 CFM blower.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strong View Post
    You're not kidding, but 10 grand will get you a nearly 16,000 CFM blower.

That would probably pull roaches out of the walls! In the end none of those are cost effective compared to ripping apart a new DC.

Thanks for the option!

Blowing in the wind..

There are a fair number of blowers removed from industry and it is the usual suspects, Ebay and Craigslist, that have them. It is helpful to know some company names and New York Blower continues to be a strong brand so far as I can tell. Once I narrowed it down to a company my searches became more effective. I found a 5hp single phase 18"impeller New York Blower in S.Fl for a couple hundred dollars. It coordinated with a vacation I took and it is a beast. Google New York Blower and check Ebay for sure. I just took a peak and there are a half dozen blower only offers. The shipping is typically equal or greater than the cost of the blower.

Penn State Industries sells blower / motor only assemblies. I believe you can get blower / motor only from ClearVue as well...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Seidner View Post
    There are a fair number of blowers removed from industry and it is the usual suspects, Ebay and Craigslist, that have them. It is helpful to know some company names and New York Blower continues to be a strong brand so far as I can tell. Once I narrowed it down to a company my searches became more effective. I found a 5hp single phase 18"impeller New York Blower in S.Fl for a couple hundred dollars. It coordinated with a vacation I took and it is a beast. Google New York Blower and check Ebay for sure. I just took a peak and there are a half dozen blower only offers. The shipping is typically equal or greater than the cost of the blower.

Thanks! That is just the kind of info I was looking for!