Thread: New Rigid 12V drill driver w 3 heads $199

New Rigid 12V drill driver w 3 heads $199

Rigid is running a promotion which I saw advertized in my local HD today. Preorder a 12V lithium drill driver kit which includes battery, battery charger, and lifetime battery replacement plus 2 extra heads...........one of which is a right angle hammer head which they illustrate being used to attach an outlet box to a stud and the other head converts the tool to a Fein like multifunction cutting tool. All of the for $199 if ordered by March 14. Sounds like a pretty good offer.

Can anyone comment on the 12V drill driver. Is it suitable as primary drill/driver for occassional light use in a home shop. Does it have sufficient torque? Will it drive 3 inch screws into 2x4s

Ridgid Job Max

I received a direct "Pre-Offer" e-mail from Ridgid on February 12 offering their Job Max Combo (Model R92234) at $199. It has 5 heads (plus all the other stuff).

I then went by Home Depot to see it, and HD's version only has the three heads you mentioned (plus all the other stuff).

I don't have any idea if the tool is any good, but the concept seems ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by tom coleman View Post
    Rigid is running a promotion which I saw advertized in my local HD today. Preorder a 12V lithium drill driver kit which includes battery, battery charger, and lifetime battery replacement plus 2 extra heads...........one of which is a right angle hammer head which they illustrate being used to attach an outlet box to a stud and the other head converts the tool to a Fein like multifunction cutting tool. All of the for $199 if ordered by March 14. Sounds like a pretty good offer.

Can anyone comment on the 12V drill driver. Is it suitable as primary drill/driver for occassional light use in a home shop. Does it have sufficient torque? Will it drive 3 inch screws into 2x4s

I have the 12v drill and the 12 V impact driver, and I'm very pleased with both. I've not had any problems drilling anything with the drill and I've driven 5/16X2.5" lag bolts into a pressure treated 4x4 to hang a gate on my fence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]What does a pirate dawg say?

Look carefully at the "lifetime" battery replacement warranty. It's most likely a "lifetime" service agreement instead. I own four of these drills. I need to have another set of batteries replaced, under the lifetime service agreement.

Could you post the info from ridgid for the 5 head offer. I can't find anything online about it and never got the email. I will also give them a call and see if they can help.

I sent an email and this is the response I received:

There are 2 different kits. Each kit has different heads included. There is not a kit will al 5 heads.

Best regards,