Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One mean Fiddle!!!!

How lucky I am having Guy in my backyard...... Time for another visit....

The multi head video will be hot... Look forward to it...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon MacDougall View Post
    Thanks Guy,

Your violin looks sweet so far, Did you use visual mill?

LG
    Rhino for my CAD work and Visual Mill 6.0 Pro for my CAM work. I have and use a mess of other software. The right tools for the right job sort of thing!

Also, not my violin. This is for a new customer. I bid the job last year and was outbid by a company in Canada, the job came up again this year, I bid again and got the job.

Guy
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Very Nice Guy.. I liked the Fiddle..
    Regards

4. Did you get that CNC just for the job? approximately how long to mill one body? love to see more pictures..

5. Hi Guy,
    I would love to qet a idea of how this project is going.

I hoping my questions did not demo this thread, I am not realy into solid body construction that your showing but would like to get a better understanding of farming out this type of work to people like yourself...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon MacDougall View Post
    Hi Guy,
    I would love to qet a idea of how this project is going.

I hoping my questions did not demo this thread, I am not realy into solid body construction that your showing but would like to get a better understanding of farming out this type of work to people like yourself...
    No, the questions did not demo the thread! LOL! The customer recieved the sample and was quite pleased. However, between my quest for perfection and his desire to have the neck more slender to enable him to finish the piece quicker I am changing milling strategies to accomadate this. When I program, I use any milling strategy that is available to me to get the products off the machine so that the end result means less finish time. Sometimes this means running more then one sample to tune the code.

Machine time is always important, but for this machine I always divide machine time numbers by 10 and try to find an optimum time that will balance machine and hand finishing so customers do not have to spend more time then needed to finish a product.

Guy
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

7. Bump- I love to see a video of the beast running.

Lucky ME...

Lucky Me.... I am just a a few miles away and saw it in action once... If I can get caught up here, I would love to Visit again. Still working 7 days a week...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".