Thread: Smilla Enlarger installation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smilla Enlarger installation

Found this free download from 2007 thread. Have downloaded but don't know how to install. Any suggestions?

If memory serves, there isn't an installer for it. So you just make yourself a shortcut (right click on SmillaEnlarger.exe and select 'Create Shortcut') and copy/paste it to somewhere convenient. In XP onwards that's:

C:\documents & settings\username\start menu\programs

...then the link will be there when you click
    start --> programs.

Or you can just plonk it on the desktop.

It does not exactly "install" (i.e., it does not generate registry keys and put copies of exe and dll files in the Programs folder). If you have the zip archive, unzip it. Then just open the folders until you get to the exe (ImageEnlarger.exe). Double click on it (or right-click and choose "Open") and it runs just like that. Click the Browse button to the left of the "Source" file name space. Pick your image and enlarge.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Quote Originally Posted by John Noell View Post
    It does not exactly "install" (i.e., it does not generate registry keys and put copies of exe and dll files in the Programs folder). If you have the zip archive, unzip it. Then just open the folders until you get to the exe (ImageEnlarger.exe). Double click on it (or right-click and choose "Open") and it runs just like that. Click the Browse button to the left of the "Source" file name space. Pick your image and enlarge.
    I just got photozoom classic. It has some functionality that you may find useful over the Smilla product. The crispness of the results are superior in my opinion. It has a free demo so you can see for yourself. The demo convinced me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Cannot find the ImageEnlarger.exe Oh well, thanks for your effort anyway!

If you need the Windows version....

You can find the exe or dmg versions here:

sourceforge dot net/projects/imageenlarger/files/
    Bugs

Trotec Speedy 300 - 80W
    Job Control X
    Mac/Fusion 10
    Corel 2018