Thread: Table Lamp finished

Talking Table Lamp finished

Finally completed this A&C style table lamp. The cherry looks beautiful in BLO and Johnson's Wax. Overall, probably the most challenging thing I've yet built. But there will be others. It's pictured here with a couple of jewelry boxes I threw together in January, and a schoolhouse clock I built back in '08. Last photo is the lamp sitting on my daughter's desk (which I built) and in the background is a mission style desk clock (ditto).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patrick,

I love that style of furniture. Very Frank Lloyd Wrightish... I am luky enough to live in Chicago and make the trip to his home and studio every spring. I think he would be quite pleased with your work.

Well done!!
    Ken
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

I like the design of that lamp Patrick. I am just finishing up a crochet-lamp table and wish I had seen the design before the fact as I needed the lamp to extend over with the base at the end of table. Almost finished now so too late in this case.

Very nice...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Patrick,

Nice looking items. I really like the lamp....

I see you have a baggy for box tops. Do you collect them for your kids school? My wife happens to be the bot top coordinator for our kids' school so we end up counting thousand's of those things....

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug W Swanson View Post
    Patrick,

Nice looking items. I really like the lamp....

I see you have a baggy for box tops. Do you collect them for your kids school? My wife happens to be the bot top coordinator for our kids' school so we end up counting thousand's of those things....

Doug
    Yes, my 6 year old daughter collects the box tops for school, which means I have to buy a lot of brand names to get them. But I love taking part in helping out her school.

Glad to see the lamp in its finished state!! Turned out very nice, Patrick. And, it looks especially nice with the other fine work you have done.