Thread: shop under construction pics

shop under construction pics

Here are a few pics of my shop. They are nasty I will tell you that now.. but I kind of felt I needed to show that I actually do have some sort of shop and like you all say "no pics it didnt happen"...lol

I have had to tear everything down due to making new benches, repositioning tools and have added in past week, 60 gl compressor, 2 2hp dust collectors with cyclone, rikon lathe, have to make a home for the 8" jointer/planer, have to relocate wood, and just a whole redo of the basement. The washer and dryer are going upstairs so that I get the whole basement now.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/kwcard/
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Have fun!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I tell ya, i go down there and i look and I just get "lost". I hate redundancy but I have a feeling it is going to be there anyway. I am also trying to get stuff moved and cleaned up so i can paint the wall white or off white. Then I have plans to insulate ceiling and just move in a positive direction one step at a time. Honestly I think I expanded to quick, but when you find good deals on tools you must grab fast...lol I havent been doing this hobby for a year yet..
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Karl,

Nice use of the overhead space for lumber storage. You've got quite a nice selection of material in your shop.

-Mike

Karl nice photos...really like the cutting board you have there. What is the wood combination? Good luck on the overhaul of the space.
    Allen

that cutting board has purpleheart, teak, curly maple, a rosewood that i forgot the name of.

I really enjoy using different colors of wood and such. I made one of red heart and curly maple at christmas time and it looks just like a huge piece of candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Card View Post
    a rosewood that i forgot the name of.
    Kingwood, perhaps?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.